Paradigm cc 370 or cc 470 ?

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by Wayde_R, May 8, 2006.

1. Wayde_R

Wayde_R Stunt Coordinator

Yeah, another lame comparison thread.

It looks like I can obtain the 470 for an extra hundred bucks, is it worth it? I have a larger room and am using an NHT sc1 for center. It's a nice speaker with two 4.5 inch woofer are a bit thin up front. I find voices are lost sometimes.

The cc370 has two 6.5" midranges, the cc470 has two 7" cones for mid-lows.

The NHTs are an acoustic suspension design ie. no ports. The Paradigm are ported so I'm thinking I'd get a little more volume for the same power from those large drivers.

Any opinions between the two?

2. Nathan s c

Nathan s c Extra

Wayde,
    I don't know if this will help or not but I have the big Center from Paradigm however they are the Studio series. I love it. Huge sound field. I listened to both of the centers and I'm glad I made the choice for the bigger center. As I'm sure you know the Paradigm studio line is a bit, for the lack of a better word, layed back so make sure it matches the rest of your speaker system. In my opinion the center speaker is one if not the most important speaker in a home theater so go for the best you can afford.

3. John Garcia

John Garcia Executive Producer

John
    Yes, I'd also go for the 470. The 370 is a good center, but the 470 is easily better, however it isn't going to blend perfectly with the NHTs if you are after a solid front stage.