What's new

Paradigm cc 370 or cc 470 ? (1 Viewer)

Wayde_R

Stunt Coordinator
Yeah, another lame comparison thread.

It looks like I can obtain the 470 for an extra hundred bucks, is it worth it? I have a larger room and am using an NHT sc1 for center. It's a nice speaker with two 4.5 inch woofer are a bit thin up front. I find voices are lost sometimes.

The cc370 has two 6.5" midranges, the cc470 has two 7" cones for mid-lows.

The NHTs are an acoustic suspension design ie. no ports. The Paradigm are ported so I'm thinking I'd get a little more volume for the same power from those large drivers.

Any opinions between the two?

Nathan s c

Grip
Wayde,
I don't know if this will help or not but I have the big Center from Paradigm however they are the Studio series. I love it. Huge sound field. I listened to both of the centers and I'm glad I made the choice for the bigger center. As I'm sure you know the Paradigm studio line is a bit, for the lack of a better word, layed back so make sure it matches the rest of your speaker system. In my opinion the center speaker is one if not the most important speaker in a home theater so go for the best you can afford.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Yes, I'd also go for the 470. The 370 is a good center, but the 470 is easily better, however it isn't going to blend perfectly with the NHTs if you are after a solid front stage.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks