1. We suffered a brief outage this morning when our host noticed that HTF needed to be moved to a different server due to a hardware failure. That work is now complete. Please post in the feedback area if you have any issues.
    Dismiss Notice

Paradigm CC-370 and Crossover Setting

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by Gary TP, Feb 4, 2004.

1. Gary TP

Gary TP Stunt Coordinator

Owners of this Center Channel (Paradigm CC-370)- what should I set my Crossover at? Here's the specs on the website:

Low FrequencyExtension (DIN)* 57 Hz
    Frequency Response: On Axis ±2dB from 100 Hz - 20 kHz

I currently am without a subwoofer and send my LFE to the mains...but I have my mains (Monitor 11 set to large) - Center and Rears (minimonitors) to small...

I have had my Crossover set to 80 for a long time now...am I losing a lot out of the center? should I set the crossover to 100?

2. WayneO

WayneO Supporting Actor

What do you mean exactly, setting to 100hz would take away some sound reproduction not add. Try both and see what you think works better, you might not even notice anything. I have mine set to "small", but that is a set 80hz xover I can't adjust and it seems great. I also have my 11's set to small as well since I have a sub so maybe 80hz may work better in the end for you to closer match the full output of your 11's.

3. John Garcia

John Garcia Executive Producer

John
    I have run it with both 80 and 100 Hz, and I felt it sounded fine with both, and I preferred 80. Depending on the slope of the x-over, 80 Hz should be fine. The speaker I replaced the 370 with has a -3dB of 55Hz, and I am also running it with an 80Hz x-over.

I believe the question is, is he creating a gap in frequencies by crossing it over too low. IMO, the answer is probably not.

4. BrianWoerndle

BrianWoerndle Supporting Actor

The specs say that the -2db point is at 100hz, but I had that speaker and know that it does just fine well below 80hz.