What's new

paradigm canadian prices (1 Viewer)

Daryn D

Agent
Hi everyone, this is my first foray into this awesome forum. I'm planning to purchase Paradigm to upgrade my front three. I will likely go with Studio 60's and cc470.
Now my question. I live 6 hrs from Vancouver, B.C. Does anyone know what prices I could expect to get up there? I've called several places, they only quote MSRP and tell me to come in... I don't want to make the trip unless there are significant savings. But, I may go with the Signature 2's instead of the studio 60's, and could potentially save a bunch by buying in Canada.

PaulT

Supporting Actor
Daryn,

Over the phone it is unlikely you will get much info other than MSRP unless you have dealt with the dealer before.

From my experience and from reading a lot of posts here on this subject, I think that you will find in Canada, Dealers tend to give 15-25% discount from Canadian MSRP. This of course depends on the amount of purchase.

I have recently purchased Studio 40v3 for 25% off Canandian MSRP, and last year got a Servo-15 for 20-25% off MSRP from a different dealer.

Also you need to take the exchange into consideration (today offically it was 1US = 1.3345CDN). Are you 6 hours from Vancouver along the Coast, or the interior, as there are 2 dealers in the Kelowna area (north of Omak/Oroville Wash).

Search this Forum for 'Canada Paradigm' and you will find more info.

Don't know if the same discounting is going on with the Signature Line as it is new.

Daryn D

Agent
I am in Portland, OR. There is a dealer in town here, one in Salem and one in Eugene (2 hrs south). When I spoke to the Eugene dealer on the phone they basic said they would come down from MSRP. The Salem dealer didn't have the Signature line. So nowI am thinking I might just play the dealers against each other to see who gives the best deal.

Daryn

JamieS

Stunt Coordinator
I live in Canada and have bought several Paradigm products and I've NEVER gotten 25% off. I wouldn't count on getting 25%.

You should be able to get 15% no prblem maybe more plus you get the tax back at the baorder and Canadian prices are = to the US price usually .

SO

Take the Can MSRP

Take off 15%

Then take off the exachnge rate.

Look at the fact you pay no tax.

That should give you an idea of the saving you would get.

Nathan Porteous

Stunt Coordinator
Do not except anything less that 20% off, all it takes is a little bargining and some price matching with a couple dealers.There is so much markup you wouldn't believe it. The biggest markup is in cables and wire, I had a friend that used to work for a big chain electronics store and he showed me some brands of wire and cables marked up 200% Now thats robbery!!

Daryn D

Agent
OK, so I am a terrible negotiator/haggler. Any tips on how to approach a discussion on a discount? Do I tell them I am going to price shop, or just do it then give my local dealor a chance to match? If I do go to Canada this would be more complicated.

Daryn

RobWil

Supporting Actor
Apologize but just tell them you only have 'X' amount of money to spend and if they'd like to sell them to you you'll take them for that amount and if not you'll have to consider other alternatives. Your 'X' amount of money of course just coincidentally comes to around 15-20% of retail.

Rick CH

Agent
Sure, let them know you're going to take your time price shopping and you'd be happy to spend your money elsewhere if the price doesn't meet your satisfaction and walk away. Most of the time, if you've made it clear you have money to spend immediately, they won't let you walk out without a last shot at getting your business.

ChrisHeflen

Supporting Actor
Daryn,

I live in Vancouver, Wa. and work in Beaverton so I know the dealers you speak of.
If you are talking about the one on Hawthorne then good luck. Those guys are first class a-holes. I have spent over $4000.00 and recommended another 4,000 in friends business and they still will not discount for me. I have got nothing but grief from them.
The guys in Salem will deal and are very cool.
There is also a dealer in Newberg called Lewis audio. They are very nice as well but they do not stock that much either.

Pm me if you want.

Daryn D

Agent
I got 2 dealers in Vancouver, B.C. to quote prices on Signature 2's. Their list is $900 (canadian) more than here. So if I go with the Signature's (and I likely will they are so sweet sounding, not to mention sexy) it appears there is no advantage to shopping in Canadia.

Chris: I have been auditioning at the Hawthorne store. Their list on the signatures is 2100. The stands are 250. I plan to call the Salem guys and get their prices.

The small signature center (c3) lists at 1600, to steep for my taste, plus I'm 90% music %10HT. So I plan to go with the cc470 instead.

ChrisHeflen

Supporting Actor
Unfortunately Fred's does have the most in stock.

Don't forget Lewis Audio in Newberg they are really nice too.

Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation192
Recent bookmarks