What's new

Paradigm, Bose, Athena or Polk Audio? (1 Viewer)

Andrew Pratt

Senior HTF Member
David I paid $190 cdn (not icl tax) for my atoms that I'm using in my second zone so use that as a benchmark of what is possible with a good dealer. As far as upgrading goes buy the better centre channel it will make a big difference. For subs the little 8" is ok but if your room is bigger then a bedroom it will leave you wanting for more. If you're locked in at this price range then buy it but if not I'd seriously consider moving up to a better sub or waiting till you have more funds to put towards one. You don't have to stick to paradigm for your sub though so you can shop around for a good deal on one. Where in Canada are you?

Mark Russ

Second Unit
Mihael V., please notice that I stated that was my opinion about the Polk vs. Paradigm sets he SPECIFICALLY asked about in the previous thread. This did NOT include any others (well, on second thought, I guess it would automatically include Bose after all). Do I think the bottom of the line Polk bookshelf would top a middle to upper line Paradigm? No. And if you think that a bottom or near bottom of the line Paradigm would top a middle to upper line Polk, then that is nonsense, and you know it deep down whether you will admit it or not!

DavidBelis

Agent
I'm in Toronto, Canada.

The problem with Paradigm is that I can't really compare prices of them, because I only know of 1 store that even sells them (it's called HiFi 2000).

Everywhere else I go, just seems to sell things like Bose, JBL, and other big names. (occassioanlly I see Polk Audio, too).

I don't understand why the Paradigms are so hard to find, especially since they're Canadian speakers.

DavidBelis

Agent
That dealer locator doesn't help me, because it only shows dealers within 2 miles of where you are, and there's only 1 for me. (which is the HIFI2000).

IS there any way to broaden the search to more than a 2 mile radius?

James Bergeron

Supporting Actor
Man your in Toronto! How could there be only 1 dealer?? There is like 7 Paradigm dealers in Ottawa. Paradigm manufacturers the speakers in the GTA for pete's sake!

Only put in the first 3 characters of your postal code.

Just look in the yellow pages, I'm sure there are TONS of dealers that have the little paradigm logo in the ad.

Wayne_T

Stunt Coordinator
David, you really have to get out more?:)
Audio One, Kromer, Whitby Audio, East Hamilton Radio, Kawartha (Peterborough), Lipton's (Newmarket),Caledon Videotronics and Gibby's (St. Catherines) all carry both Paradigm and Paradigm Reference. There may be more. Others like HiFi 2000 carry only Paradigm, not Paradigm Reference.
Cheers

DavidBelis

Agent
How do you find so many Paradigm dealers?

When I type in the first half od my postal code, M2R, it only comes up with one single result. (like I said, HiFi2000).

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
NO POLK sounds better then PARADIGM REFERENCE. Only in someones dreams! They need a trip to the EAR doctor and Fast.
Speakers are a very subjective topic. What sounds good to one may not sound good to another. Keep the doctor out of it!

Patrick R.E.

Agent
I got Athena (SCT series) Speaker one pair of S3 and P3 (combo)for the front and one pair of S1 for the rear and one C1 for the center.
Athena are canadian speaker there nice but you will have better quality with Paradigm reference speaker (this is my future up grade :) )
http://www.athenaspeakers.com/0_main/0_main.html
so #1 will be Paradigm
#2 Athena
#3 Polk audio
and the last Bose and buy the way Bose have closed there big factory in Quebec this week and that left 42 employe without job :frowning:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks