Paradigm, B&W or others?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Rob*Gallo, Jan 2, 2003.

1. Rob*Gallo

Rob*Gallo Agent

Relatively new to the HT scene and this forum. Looking for a new set up and have listened to Paradigm and B&W. I have listened to the following:

From B&W (all series 3)

Fronts: 601s
    Center: LCR60
    Rear: DM600s

And from Paradigm

Fronts: Studio 20
    Center: CC-370
    Rear: Atoms

Will likely go with a Denon 3803 or Pioneer Elite VSX-45TX, the Pioneer Elite DV-45A for the SACD/DVD-A capabilities and the new SVS PB1-ISD sub when it comes out.

Will be listening to 2 and 5 channel music in addition to HT.

My question is this...I have heard many positive comments about PSB, Divas and Rockets all which can be in the same $1500 price range (which is where I would like to stay), however, I cannot find anywhere nearby (Columbus, OH) to listen to them (tried audioenvy.com). Am I doing myself a disservice by not going the extra mile to hear these other speakers?

Any suggestions/recommendations would be welcome regarding other speakers or the B&Ws and Paradigms.

2. JordanS

JordanS Second Unit

Good day sir,

I live about 2 hours North of you and I have the DM 601 S3 hooked up to Adcom Seperates. If you would like, you can feel free to stop up and listen to them. I think they sound really good.

3. Rob*Gallo

Rob*Gallo Agent

Thanks for the offer! I have heard the 601 S3s (and the Paradigms). I haven't heard are PSBs, Divas or Rockets and was wondering if I should. Sorry if my previous post was unclear...