What's new

Paradigm, Axiom & Klipsh (Help Me Please)!! (1 Viewer)

Just want some honest opinions on what you guys think about these three systems. Pioneer VSX-45TX Receiver. Used for 80% Movies 20% Music. I know that you should listen to them first and let your own ears decide, But, my Polk RM-6600's are taking a shit, And I just need to get me some new speakers. Room is about 22'x18'x8'. Has some large openings in the rear. I know each has it's own sound. Just looking for something that will be clear and sound great.

Paradigm: Monitor 11 CC-370 ADP-370

Axiom: M60ti QS8 VP150

Klipsch: RF-35 RC-35 RS-35

With the SVS 20-39 PCi

GIVE ME YOUR OPINIONS PLEASE!!!

WayneO

Supporting Actor
Well I got that exact Paradigm setup with a SVS PB2+ and I'm pretty happy with it. On their own merit and my experience I would consider them good music speakers and great HT. They are efficient speakers and can be powered easily. The Axiom's people say good things about, but you may not like them and you can't hear them in a store. Shipping cost will be the penalty if you don't. Some are 4 ohm I believe? Is that receiver capable of powering those kind of loads? Klipsch will be most forward and "in you face", I didn't care for that, you may. They'll be super easy to power. SVS sub will be great. Of course, one man's opinion.

Marty M

Senior HTF Member

I think you have answer your own posting. This is really the best advise anyone can give you. This post will just become a thread for favorite speakers.

You have chosen three popular brands with people on this forum. No one can make the decision for you. You have to let your own ears decide.

ChadLB

Screenwriter
The Klipsch: RF-35 RC-35 RS-35 setup is going to be bright which alot of people don't like. I personally think they are a great speaker but they are not for me.

I myself would probably go with Axiom but that is an opinon.

Bobby T

Supporting Actor
I'm running Klipsch Ref 3-II which is esentiially the same as the RF35 series. I love my Klipsch and Klipsch is used in many commercial theaters, but so is JBL. When using mainly for movies the brightness and clarity of a speaker is usually a good thing. Now with all of that said you may love or hate any or all of the speakers you have listed. Is there a reason why ou are looking at just those 3 setups? You might also want to consider other brands like B&W, Definitive Technologies, Atlantic Technology, ACI Saphires, JBl, Energy, NHT, Boston Acoustic, Onix Rocket or Ref., and there are many others I can't thimk of off the top of my head.

In response, to some of the inputs. I probably won't listen to them before I buy. I am currently running the Polk RM6600's. I think these sound great over my Bose Acoustimass 10's that I previously owned. One of my Polk's is blown. I bought both of these without listening to them. I am just tired of satellites. Looking for a fuller sound.
I keep hearing words like muddy, bright, etc....
I am just looking for some good speakers that will sound great for both movies and music. I am not an audiophile. As long as they sound good (better than my RM6600's), I will be happy. As you all know, you will always upgrade your HT. I have like 4 times in the last 2 years.

I have looked at some other speakers. I was looking at B&W, Swan, energy and onix rockets. Looking to spend around $2000 for my speakers. Receiver is Pioneer Elite VSX-45TX (won't support 4ohm). So, have ruled out B&W and SWAN due to the fact that their Bi-pole rear surrounds are 4ohm. Axiom's are 6ohm, which is why I'm leaning towards them and also the price.
Haven't heard anything about JBL Northridge series, but the price is good for the top system.
Would Love the Rockets, but their center channel is 4ohm.

Keith Hyde

Stunt Coordinator
I like 'em bright (I hope that's a good word - it'll have to do until I get something better). The CC370 is not bright in my opinion. Pretty flat and accurate, good quality, but it's just got that little something missing... I'm trying out the CC470 - sharper tweeter, slighlty different crossover level if I remember, and more dynamic range should give a bit more clarity and in-the-flesh feel to the sound. Plan A anyhow.

Evan M.

Supporting Actor
"I probably won't listen to them before I buy"
I don't know man, those are 3 very different sounding speakers. Plus that is a pretty good chunk of change to lay down without hearing. That is my opinion though, we all have different situations.

With that said, I think that Axiom set up would be VERY hard to beat for the money. The M60's are 8ohm and I think the center and surrounds may be 6ohm so your pioneer should have no problems powering them. If I had to do it again I would probably go for that exact set-up. No I have not heard Axiom speakers but from what people say they are very clean and detailed with a touch of brightness..which is not a bad thing, I actually call it a positive. If you like Paradigm for 2000$ you can go to the Studio line and maybe swing a deal for a pair of 60's a cc470 and maybe a pair of mini monitors to get you by. Those Monitor 100's are very nice though for the money. All in all it is a tough call. I do not like Klipsch so I will not comment there. Real nice quality speakers, they are just a little too in my face for my liking. Best of luck to you.

Marty M

Senior HTF Member

IMO, these are all relative terms. One person's bright is accurate to another person. One person's muddy to one person is warm to another. You really have to listen to the speakers yourself to make that judgement.

I, personally, would never purchase a set of speakers without auditioning them first. That would be like purchasing a car without a test drive.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks