Paradigm Atoms 4.0 or Mini Monitor 2.0

Discussion in 'Speakers & Subwoofers' started by Michael.N, Mar 6, 2005.

1. Michael.N

Michael.N Auditioning

Hey guys having heard the atoms several times I came away happy with the sound but not amazed. I have not had a chance to listen to the Mini Monitors yet but intend to do so soon. My question is do you think the mini monitors or something else similarly priced would warrant only going with a 2.0 setup. Or do you think the 4.0 setup with the atoms is more prudent. The system will be used about 60/40 for movies and music.

2. Aaron_Mum

Aaron_Mum Stunt Coordinator

It depends what is more important to you. If movies then buy the atoms, if music buy the minis.

Remember down the road if you commit to the minis you'll have to fork over more cash for the matching center than the center that would match the atoms.

3. AlanZ

AlanZ Screenwriter

Neither the Atoms nor the Minis are going to be 'amazing', in my opinion.....they are both consistent with most of the rest of the Paradigm line though, in that they are very good value. Personally, I loved my Atoms when I had them. I was using Paradigm Micros in the back, too, so I'm sure having Atoms all around would be even better. For my money, Atoms are tough to beat.

4. John Garcia

John Garcia Executive Producer

John
    It depends on how much you want to spend... The Minis are about $150 more than the Atoms, but the Mini is noticably better than the Atom or Titan to me (I've owned all of them).

Other choices might be the Axiom M3Ti or the EPOS ELS3

I agree with Aaron about considering the price of the matching center too.

5. Michael.N

Michael.N Auditioning

Well I heard the mini monitors today along with the atoms again. After hearing the atoms again I really did not like them much at all. I felt that the mini's were somewhat better but still very lacking. Both speakers to me had a nice warm sound with a somewhat full body. But both speakers seem to really lack a clean and clear sound. Afterwards I went and listened to the monitor audio bronze 2 which I liked alot. It was not as warm as the paradigm's which is one of the things i liked about the monitor audio's. They had a very clean and clear sound similair to the b&w 601's I heard but also had a nice full sound which I felt the 601's lacked (flat).

6. John Garcia

John Garcia Executive Producer

John