Paradigm atom surrounds

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by bryan A, Feb 9, 2005.

1. bryan A

bryan A Agent

I am upgrading the final piece to my ht and the last thing that needs upgrading is the surrounds. Will the atoms be enough to match the rest of my speakers.

My setup is:
    Pardigm cc370 center
    mini monitor fronts
    velodyne vx 10 sub

2. FeisalK

FeisalK Screenwriter

are you into hi-rez multichannel music? (SACD/DVD-Audio) if YES then you'll probably be better served by Mini Monitors. Otherwise I suspect the Atoms will do fine - matching the rears with fronts isn't too crucial for movie soundtracks.

3. Aaron_Mum

Aaron_Mum Stunt Coordinator

Save your cash and buy the atoms. I have titans for rears and even for multichannel music they sound fine.

4. John Garcia

John Garcia Executive Producer

John
    When I had my 370 & 5s, I used Titans as surrounds too and it was fine also. They blend well enough that it will work adequately.

I agree with FesalK though, matching Minis out back will give you a much better total presentation, particularly for hires music, but it isn't necessary.

5. bryan A

bryan A Agent

Thanks guys,

I just didn't want to spend any unessesary money on what I consider the least important of the speaker zones. I would rather spend that on the front 3 and the sub

6. MichaelPR

MichaelPR Second Unit

I use the atoms right now with titans and a cc170 up front. But I have been looking to crossover to Swans. Their R2 surrounds in Black Cherry look like really good dipoles although I have not hear them yet.