What's new

Paradigm ASM-350s for In-ceiling? (1 Viewer)

David Grove

Stunt Coordinator
I am building a quilting stidio for my wife, and want to provide for music listening. The floor and wall space is all "spoken for", so we will be using in-ceiling speakers. I have an opportunity to buy an unused pair of Paradigm ASM-350s ( http://www.paradigm.ca/Website/SiteP.../AMS_Specs.htm ) for $600 from a friend, but, due to geographical distance, they are not available for pre-inspection.

My wife usually listens to classical music, including pipe organs.

To provide some context, in our media room we have Paradigm Monitor 7s, CC-350, ADP-350s, and a PWS-2200.

There are almost zero audio dealers within hundreds of miles of our location, so auditioning anything is not really practical.

Also, I am aware that most folks don't look favorably on in-ceiling speakers of any kind, but that is a constraint of this installation.

Might anyone suggest possible additional in-ceiling speaker candidates, other than Paradigm ASM-350s, for an absolute hard limit of $600/pair?

Thank you for any suggestions.

Regards,

DG

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
That certainly looks like a high-end ceiling speaker. I don’t see why they wouldn’t work just fine for an installation like this, especially for classical music, unless your wife has “golden ears” and is used to listening on really expensive speakers.

The only thing that would concern me is the price. They may be “unused,” but you’re not getting a manufacturer’s warranty or dealer support. Therefore I wouldn’t give more than about 2/3 of what sell for street price. Period.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

David Grove

Stunt Coordinator
No "golden ears" at this residence. :)

I called a Paradigm dealer while traveling, recently, and was told the ASM-350s were priced at $900/pair. I don't know how that might have changed had I put in a physical appearance. I checked a few dealers, but no one seems to stock this model-- can't say as I blame them. Probably not too smart, businesswise, to stock a lot of in-ceiling models.

I'm just wondering what knowledgable folks might consider to be among the best in-ceiling speakers one can get for a maximum of $600/pair.

Thanks.

DG

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks