Paradigm AMS 250s with mini-monitor mains?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Cindy B, Jun 30, 2002.

1. Cindy B

Cindy B Extra

Hi all. Well, my brother is in town and has offered to install some in-wall rear surrounds for me. I have mini-monitors for mains, and a Rava sub. I was planning on getting some Titans and putting them on stands, but in-wall speakers would be so much better. So I checked out the Paradigm offering, thinking it would best to stick with them, and saw the AMS-250s, which look to be just what I need. They are pricier than I had hoped though - $400 for the pair what from I found on the net. Anyone have any better suggestions, or will they do the job?

2. Cindy B

Cindy B Extra

Hmmm...no replies. I guess either this is just a boring question or no one has any experience with these speakers. Okay - in the absence of any advice to the contrary, I will go with them, and I'll let you know how they do. :)

3. John Garcia

John Garcia Executive Producer

John
    They are from the same family, and they should work fine. They won't sound quite as good as stand alone Minis, but they will probably sound as good or better than the Titans. The benefit of having the Titans on stands is the ability to tweak the placement to compensate for any room effects and seating position. When you start cutting the wall, you are quite a bit less flexible in relocating them, plus the wiring now has to be run in the walls (if it isn't already).

4. Brian Bunge

Brian Bunge Producer

Cindy,
    I've used the B-Flat coaxial in-wall speakers that ACI sells with several different speakers, ACI Opals and Emeralds and GR Research A/V-1's, and they work well with all of them. The best part is that they are only $135 for a pair of the 8" coaxial speakers. I find it hard to believe that anything in the $400 price range would be considerably better.
    http://www.audioc.com/speakers/BFlat/bflat.htm
    Brian