What's new

Paradigm ADP-370 (dipoles) on rear wall? (1 Viewer)

Javier_A

Auditioning
Hi,

I just purchased a set of Paradigm speakers:

fronts: monitor 7
center: CC-370
surrounds: ADP-370
sub: PDR-12

This will be set up in my living room, which is about 13x13, with a wall and window on the left side, and no wall on the right side of the room. As you can see, I have no way to mount the speakers to the sides of the couch, which is against the back wall of the room. Is it ok to mount the ADP-370s, or any dipole speaker, against the back wall? I just want to make sure that I don't lose the "benefits" or "effects" of these dipole speakers by being on the back wall. How about some speaker stand maybe, would that work better? Otherwise, I guess I could trade them for mini-monitors if you think it would work better for my setup.

Thanks!

I run my DefTech BP2X's in a back wall configuration as you suggest and it sounds fine. At my old house I was able to mount them 'correctly' (ie: next to the listening position on the side walls) and while it sounded better, I don't feel like I'm giving up a lot from a surround perspective with the current (back wall) positioning.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks