Paradigm ADP-170's v.2 vs v.3

Discussion in 'Speakers & Subwoofers' started by BobP, Aug 3, 2003.

1. BobP

BobP Stunt Coordinator

Bear with me, this is my first post ever. I have come across a great deal($300) for slightly used but new condition v.2 of the ADP's. My question is obvious, is it worth the extra money to get the v.3 or would I really notice a difference between these? Just satrting a home theater(newbie) in a relatively small room 12x11 with 7 foot ceiling. Already have Denon 3802, Titans, CC-170, and Atoms for rear surround. The ADP's and an SVS Pci 25-31 are what I plan on getting to round it all out. Your thoughts and comments are greatly experienced of anyone with the ADP's if they think it is worth it to get v.3 THis site has helped immensely in research and opinions.
    Thank you

2. Josh~H

Josh~H Stunt Coordinator

Bob -

I can't tell you anything about v2 vs v3...but I will say that the whole dipole vs direct radiating choice boils down to personal preference.

I recently bought Atoms as front L/R, CC-170 center, and ADP-170 rear L/R. For my HT room, the sound of the ADP-170's was too diffuse for my liking. I ended up exchanging the ADP-170's for two pairs of Atoms. I'm now running Atoms all the way around (front L/R, rear L/R, and rear center), and I like this arrangement far better than the ADP-170's.

YMMV, but I recommend you try to audition the ADP's in your home before committing to buying them.