Paradigm ADP 170

Discussion in 'Speakers & Subwoofers' started by wilborn f, May 30, 2005.

1. wilborn f

wilborn f Agent

Hi, im planning to replace my Monitor Audio B2 with a Paradigm ADP 170 for my surrounds. I know the latter to be a relatively old model, but i will match it with a pair of Mini MOnitor V3(fronts)and a JM Lab Chorus Centre.

Will it give me a more enveloping HT set-up?

2. James^Brian

James^Brian Agent

I don't know whether its a good match or not with Mini-monitors, but I have the ADP-170's with Studio 60's and studio cc and love it. The idea of these is create a large sound field and I think it accomplishes it well.

3. Brad Newton

Brad Newton Second Unit

I have monitor 7's, cc370 & atoms - all version 3, is there a version 3 of the ADP 170's? If not will the older version mate with my setup?

4. John Garcia

John Garcia Executive Producer

John
    v1, v2 and v3 ADPs should all match fine with anything from the Performance line in those versions (I've owned speakers from each of those versions at the same time). The mismatch between the front and rear should not be a big deal when it comes to the Performance and Monitor lines. Ideally, it would be better to have the ADP-370s with a Monitor front stage, but I've used Titans with both Minis and 5s up front and it worked fine.