What's new

Paradigm Active 40's vs Def Tech BP 2002's. (1 Viewer)

Bob_A

Supporting Actor
quote: Again I don't totally agree but Monolith mains with a center 1/4 the size is a serious compromise with no sonic advantages at all. [/quote]
I never said that users should not timbre match their center channel.
If you are using a setup for movies and music, it may be preferable to have "better" mains and a center channel which is not identical to the mains.
[Edited last by Bob_A on November 12, 2001 at 12:56 PM]

Earl_C

Agent
"If you are using a setup for movies and music, it may be preferable to have "better" mains and a center channel which is not identical to the mains."
Huh? Please explain why anyone would want to do this.

Bob_A

Supporting Actor
quote: Huh? Please explain why anyone would want to do this.[/quote]
You do realize that almost everyone does NOT use 5 identical speakers for their system?
Some examples: if you bought Legacy Whispers for your main channel speakers, how feasible would it be to use another for your center channel? Hence, the reason why one might consider the matching Legacy center channel (Marquis). If you bought Def Tech bp2000TL's for your main channel speakers, how feasible would it be to use another for your center channel? Hence, the reason why one might consider the matching Def Tech center channel (clr2000). There are always compromises. If you use your setup for 2-channel music and movies, you may feel that it will be more worthwhile to spend more on the main channel speakers and less on center channel speaker. If you use your setup strictly for movies, you may feel that the center channel should be identical to your main speakers.
[Edited last by Bob_A on November 12, 2001 at 02:00 PM]

Earl_C

Agent
I never said you should only use identical speakers but I think the best advice is to chose the best center available and match the mains accordingly. But I understand you a bit better.

Will Gibbons

Agent
Bob,
You indicate a preference for full range speakers all around. I find multiple subs in more than one location requires a bit of effort to integrate correctly and I still have a ways to go. While the idea of full range per each channel sounds attractive, isn't it difficult to do with room interactions and speaker locations? What steps have you taken to do this?
Regards,
Will

Bob_A

Supporting Actor
Will, I do not have such a setup. I do not even have an external sub :)
My ideal setup would be (5) bp2000TL's all around with some quality external subs thrown into the mix. Of course I would need a huge room. I would probably cross the 2000TL's at 40Hz, and let the external subs take over from there. Bass information coming from all channels would be exhilarating IMHO. I have no idea how it would measure, but it would be quite an experience!
[Edited last by Bob_A on November 12, 2001 at 04:22 PM]

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks