What's new

Paradigm 7se (1 Viewer)

Chris Moe

Screenwriter
Can anyone tell me about the Paradigm 7se speakers. I found a used pair for $40 dollars with stands and I'm wondering if they are any good. I would use them to replace some old boston acoustic bookshelfs as my rears in my set up.

Are they floorstanders or bookshelf?
What size/type drivers are in them?

Any info would be great. And if you can provide a picture that would be even better.

I tried searching for them on Google with very little success.

Most importantly of all, are they any good. I love my studio 60's, servo 15 and studio CC.

Thanks

Stacey

Stunt Coordinator
I do believe that the Paradigm 7se's are tower speakers (appx 4 feet tall with stands) and have 1 tweeter, and 2 larger drivers (5 or 7 inches).

I have the 5se's as my main speakers and have loved them since they day they were purchased and I believe the 7se's are a step up from mine.

John Dunlap

Stunt Coordinator
I believe that the "Mkse" Series was the predecessor to the Monitor line. They look pretty similar and in my opinion they sound very similar to the Monitors.

My Dad has a pair of the 9Mkse's and they sound great. For $40 I would be all over that deal.

Scott Falkler

Second Unit
I still use a pair of 3se MKIII's (8"+tweeter)for my HT fronts (with a CC-370 and Mini Monitor surrounds), and I love them.
That's why I still have them... :)

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
I have the Monitor 7's and really like the sound. These are tower speakers that are approximately 36" tall. There are two 6-1/2" woofers and a 1" tweeter. It will be difficult to put these speakers on stands, so these would be at ear height. Normally, surrounds should be a couple of feet above your ear level.

Chris Moe

Screenwriter
Thanks everyone, unfortunately I missed the opportunity to get these. I responded to the ad less than 24 hours after it was posted but still someone beat me to it. I guess when your selling Paradigms for forty bucks they move quick. According to the owner these speakers where

"about 2ft by 1 ft by 1 ft. Two way with a 8" woofer and a bass reflex cavity in the front"

He sent me a picture of them to and they looked to be about the same size as the studio 40's, maybe a just a little bit bigger. From what you all are saying these sound more like the 3se's. Ill upload the picture tonight when I get home from work.

Oh well I missed em, they would have been temporary until I got my studio ADP's anyway.

Thanks again,

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks