Paradigm 7se

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Chris Moe, Aug 14, 2002.

1. Chris Moe

Chris Moe Screenwriter

Can anyone tell me about the Paradigm 7se speakers. I found a used pair for $40 dollars with stands and I'm wondering if they are any good. I would use them to replace some old boston acoustic bookshelfs as my rears in my set up.

Are they floorstanders or bookshelf?
    What size/type drivers are in them?

Any info would be great. And if you can provide a picture that would be even better.

I tried searching for them on Google with very little success.

Most importantly of all, are they any good. I love my studio 60's, servo 15 and studio CC.

Thanks

2. Stacey

Stacey Stunt Coordinator

I do believe that the Paradigm 7se's are tower speakers (appx 4 feet tall with stands) and have 1 tweeter, and 2 larger drivers (5 or 7 inches).

I have the 5se's as my main speakers and have loved them since they day they were purchased and I believe the 7se's are a step up from mine.

3. John Dunlap

John Dunlap Stunt Coordinator

I believe that the "Mkse" Series was the predecessor to the Monitor line. They look pretty similar and in my opinion they sound very similar to the Monitors.

My Dad has a pair of the 9Mkse's and they sound great. For $40 I would be all over that deal.

4. Scott Falkler

Scott Falkler Second Unit

I still use a pair of 3se MKIII's (8"+tweeter)for my HT fronts (with a CC-370 and Mini Monitor surrounds), and I love them.
    That's why I still have them... [​IMG]

5. Marty M

Marty M Cinematographer

I have the Monitor 7's and really like the sound. These are tower speakers that are approximately 36" tall. There are two 6-1/2" woofers and a 1" tweeter. It will be difficult to put these speakers on stands, so these would be at ear height. Normally, surrounds should be a couple of feet above your ear level.

6. Chris Moe

Chris Moe Screenwriter

Thanks everyone, unfortunately I missed the opportunity to get these. I responded to the ad less than 24 hours after it was posted but still someone beat me to it. I guess when your selling Paradigms for forty bucks they move quick. According to the owner these speakers where

"about 2ft by 1 ft by 1 ft. Two way with a 8" woofer and a bass reflex cavity in the front"

He sent me a picture of them to and they looked to be about the same size as the studio 40's, maybe a just a little bit bigger. From what you all are saying these sound more like the 3se's. Ill upload the picture tonight when I get home from work.

Oh well I missed em, they would have been temporary until I got my studio ADP's anyway.

Thanks again,