What's new

Paradigm 7.1 set up prices in Toronto? (1 Viewer)

AaronG

Stunt Coordinator
Hi Guys,

I'm looking to set up a Paradigm surround package. Here are the prices I've got so far. What do you think? Where should I be looking for better prices?

Studio 60 (shielded)...$1325

Studio 20 .............$700

Studio CC .............$516

Studio ADP ............$875

PW 2200 ...............$800

The total is $4126.00 Can. before taxes.

Thanks,

Aaron

Jeff Gregory

Auditioning
I don't know if those are good prices or not but I've made all of my Paradigm purchases from Audio One at 400 and Steeles. Really knowledgeable and gave me the best prices I could find in the GTA for my Paradigm Monitor setup. Fairview Hi-Fi in Burlington was a close second.

Ned

Supporting Actor
I'll vouch for Audio One also. Pretty good prices, good demo rooms, knowledgeable and unpushy salesmen.

I would go with SVS for the subwoofer rather than Paradigm.

Arthur Legardo

Second Unit
Real Name
ArthurL
I'll second the Audio One suggestion, but don't forget Kromer Radio, Fairview Hi-Fi (as menntioned), East Hamilton Radio and, I believe, Whitby Audio and Lipton Electronics (in Newmarket).

AaronG

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for the responses!

Are there any names for who I should be dealing with at the different stores? I wouldn't mind going to Audio One (they're really close to the office) but I got a pretty lousy price on a pair of AMS 250 from them. Maybe I wasn't talking to the right person.

Thanks,

Aaron

Scott Bourden

Second Unit
I'm all the way down in Newfoundland, and I got my PW-2200 local for abit above $700, so there should be a little more room to move on that peice (especially in a larger area with multiple dealers), and I assume the others as well.

Edit: Typo's

Arthur Legardo

Second Unit
Real Name
ArthurL
Back when I was looking for a new subwoofer I first went to Audio One and got a quote for a PW-2200. The next day I went to Kromer Radio and auditioned the same sub and got the exact same quote as I had received the day before. I then told the salesman the I got the same price from Audio One and that they were practically around the corner from my house (which they are) and that I had made this trip down there just for a better price...he obliged and knocked off an extra $100.
Of course you mileage might vary, but use your previous exprience with Audio One to your advantage. Tell them that you've shopped around and tell them that the first price that they give you the same one that you've received from other stores. You have to a little shrewd when it comes to bargaining. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks