Paradigm 2200 sub is bottoming out.......

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Gruson, Aug 7, 2002.

1. Gruson

Gruson Second Unit

First off, I love my Paradigm 22000 sub. For over 2 years now, it has really provided me with plenty of bass. I even compared it with some SVS subs and I still preferred the Paradigm (it never bottomed out when the SVS subs did).

Well, after 2 years, it is now bottoming out when I least expect it.

Any ideas what could be causing it? I like my movies LOUD and the SVS subs let me down because they bottomed out when my Paradigm did not.

I looked at the enclosure and all looks good but I hear it bottoming out when it should not. The sound can best be described as a "clanking" sound, lasting less than 1 second.

Thank you,

JW

2. Dustin B

Dustin B Producer

Well the reason the PW2200 wasn't bottoming and the SVSs were is more than likely a rumble filter or limiting circuit of some sort. The SVS CS series have no filters on the low end. While the PW2200 I'm almost certian does.

Maybe something has happended to this circuit preventing it from working properly. Or possibly the sub has developed an air leak. Or something else has given from 2 years of loud listening. Get ahold of Paradigm's tech support and see if they can trouble shoot it for you.

3. Lewis Besze

Lewis Besze Producer

I agree looks like the "limiting" curcuit is malfunctioning,or just broke.