1. Visit this thread for your chance to win a selection of Lionsgate action films on UV!
    Dismiss Notice

Paper Mario 2

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Chris Bardon, Oct 20, 2004.

1. Chris Bardon

Chris Bardon Cinematographer

Anyone else get this one yet? I was going to wait, but I needed a new game to hold me over until Halo 2, Future shop had this one on for $49.99, and I liked the first two, so it seemed like a good idea.

The game is great so far, but I've noticed that it plays EXACTLY like the N64 paper mario-even down to the inter-chapter sequences with the princess. I can understand keeping the play mechanics the same, but it's starting to feel more like a remake than a sequel. I suppose that there are the new "paper" abilities (like the paper airplane). Not saying that it's a bad game, but I did expect something a little more innovative from the sequel.

2. Joseph Young

Joseph Young Screenwriter

The audience participation element to the battles is a hugely innovative new feature in the game.

True, the game is largely reminiscient of Paper Mario, but I never played it (the original Paper Mario came out relatively late in the N64's cycle) so I don't blame them for fine tuning what was already a brilliant play mechanic.

I'm enjoying the game so far... especially the localization.