What's new

Papa John's Pizza Free DVD Offer (1 Viewer)

Josh_HI

Second Unit
Papa John's Pizza is giving 1 of 4 DVDs away with the purchase of pizza online.The 4 featured dvds are:
Jr. Scene It? (DVD Game)
The Best of Rocky & Bullwinkle and Friends
Weekend at Bernie’s II
Durango Kids

I would like to have the Jr.Scene it game.The only catch is you have to order your pizza online.:angry: :angry: Anyone else hear about this?:star:

Rob Speicher

Supporting Actor
I order pizza online from Papa John's more than I do over the phone. Works just as well. Never wanted any of the DVDs though.

John*P

Second Unit
Are the DVDs free, and do they let you choose which one you get? I'd like the Weekend at Bernie's II DVD, as it is very rare (and expensive) around these parts. I've been wanting that movie for awhile.

streeter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
The last batch (you could pick from Weekend At Bernie's, Trial & Error and Don Juan De Marco) were all full-screen :frowning:
I'd go for Rocky & Bullwinkle, though ;)

RyanAn

Screenwriter
I have ordered via phone. I would recommend a "better" pizza place, but that is just me. Remember when Pizza Hut (better, :) ) gave out free Playstation Demos? Now those were awesome!

Ryan

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
You do NOT have to order online!

Complete info about Bullwinkle DVD is here (including scans of sleeve and disc, and episode list).

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
According to the workers at my local Papa John's, they don't expect to receive R&B till August.:angry:

I'll try ordering from a different location to see if they've got it there.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
I walked in, ordered a pizza, waited, and then while waiting asked for the specific DVD I wanted. That way, no randomness generated by blind delivery. The manager of the store told me she had lots of all four options.

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
IMHO, Papa John's has the best chain Pizza around. At least, out of the chains in areas where I've lived.

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
Not sure what the issue with ordering Papa John's online is. There's no money exchanged - you still pay the delivery guy at the door. Works great for me - I don't get put on hold, and I know my order is entered into their system correctly!

Got a pie last weekend, and they gave me a R&B DVD with it, even though I hadn't requested it (I already have the R&B S1 set and Don Juan DeMarco, and have no interest in the other two).

Carl Johnson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl III

That's how it was around here when they first started online ordering, but about six months in to the program they added the ability to pay via credit card so no cash is exchanged. You can pre designate a dollar amount to tip the driver.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
The problem I have with that, and with pre-tipping at buffets when you pay by credit card as you walk in, is that you don't yet know how good the service is going to be, so you don't know whether to tip good or bad.

OTOH, esp. with the pizza delivery, they know how much or how little they are getting tipped, so if they aren't all that grateful then you never know how long it will take or what happens to your food en route! :eek:

And yeah, we can all say we'll just be generous up front, but sometimes you're a little shy on the bucks and you want to "catch 'em next time". It happens.

Sorry to run off-topic for a minute.

Peter Kim

Screenwriter
I tried PJ's for the 1st time last weekend...while I'm more of a fan of wood-fired crusts, a la pizza margherita, I was roundly surprised by PJ's. It's far better than Dominos or Pizza Hut.

How much do you guys tip the delivery guy?

David Illingworth II

Second Unit
Can anybody confirm that these discs are as backwards as last time? I got Trial and Error last time, and besides being full-screen, there were no chapter stops ... so you had to fast forward everything to get to the movie. It was like VHS.
Anyway, I'll still probably get WBII, and to the guy who said it's rare and expensive, you can order it for $14 at DeepDiscountDVD.com in it's original OAR, which they list as 2.35 interestingly enough.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.