Panzer Dragoon Orta Revisited

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Jay Mitchosky, Oct 20, 2003.

1. Jay Mitchosky

Jay Mitchosky Producer

I didn't pick this game up during the initial frenzy, although I did play the demo on the OXM game disc. Walking through EB the other day I saw it's price had dropped to C$29.99 and grabbed it. Hell of a game. The graphics and control really live up to the commentary on the net and in the magazines. Really intense gameplay (it's somewhat liberating being on rails and not have to fly). What is really quite amazing is how deep the game is with Pandora's Box. There's stuff in there that I'm really looking forward to unlock. What I'm trying to master now is when to morph and to what form, which likewise contributes to that depth. Very different styles to learn (and build through level-ups).

Better late than never. [​IMG]

2. Phil Levy

Phil Levy Stunt Coordinator

Not to make you feel bad about your purchase, more to inform others who come into this thread - Best Buy sells Orta for $10 now, which I'm pretty sure is the biggest bargain in gaming of all time.

And to be topical - yes, Orta absolutely owns. IMO one of the top Xbox games.

3. Romier S

Romier S Producer

4. Jay Mitchosky

Jay Mitchosky Producer

5. Phil Levy

Phil Levy Stunt Coordinator

ahhh I missed the C in your post! Yeah, I bet BB sells it for $30 up here too. We don't seem to get the really great game bargains they get south of the border.

6. JamesH

JamesH Supporting Actor

Orta is about as close to perfect as a game can get. Normally I'm a bit disappointed when I finish a game the night I get it, but I found myself wanting to get right back in as soon as the credits rolled(in fact, I beat it about 4 times that weekend). PDO and Ace Combat 4 are the only games I've finished 10+ times.

7. John Madia

John Madia Second Unit

I got this game and I found out I suck at it. [​IMG]
    On the normal setting anyway. I'm pretty good at it on easy. I know when to change form; it's just hard to do it so quickly in the game. I probably need to spend and hour or so learning to play it rather than just playing it.

It's not really my kind of game but it's still very good and quite fun.