Pany Plas TH-42PWD6UY $2771 from Dell?

Discussion in 'Displays' started by todbnla, Jun 1, 2004.

1. todbnla

todbnla Screenwriter

Todd
    I have been checking this plas out for a while, Dell has it for $2771 w/free shipping. Please post your thoughts about this plasma here, thanks! I am afraid this will be a once you buy it, the price will drop like a brick type of purchase...? [​IMG]

PLMK

2. Mort Corey

Mort Corey Supporting Actor

It's even advertised for less at TV Authority...one of the forum sponsers. Good unit. The consumer version started out at $4995 less than a year ago and the new models of that unit have just started to hit the streets. The model you're looking at may be reduced a little more as the new commercial units come out, but I doubt it'll be more than another 10%.

Mort

3. todbnla

todbnla Screenwriter

Todd
    Yea, after some more searching it looks like between $25-2700.00 is the norm lately fo this model, but Dell has a 3 week+ wait [​IMG]

I wonder how much MORE these will go down?

4. Patrick_Tysell

Patrick_Tysell Auditioning

ya but look at the resolution, only 852x480.....

5. Patrick_Tysell

Patrick_Tysell Auditioning

and no DVI

6. todbnla

todbnla Screenwriter

Todd
    Patrick,
    I suggest you research this model a little more as it is currently one of the, if not, the best selling 42" among most e'tailers currently. [​IMG] Plus, You can add a DVI card and the numbers you question seem not to be an issue for those that actually have this set and have done a real world comparrison.
    Of course, on my first look I had almost the same response as you about the numbers...

7. Shane Martin

Shane Martin Producer

If I was in the market for a 42" EDTV then this would be the one I'd buy. In fact I thought about one for a while when the SO was telling me No thanks towards the CRT RPTV's but she caved once she saw the set and the price($1700 for 55" HDTV).

If you are dead set on a Plasma and the size is good for you and you don't mind it NOT being HDTV then it's a good price.

For me this particular plasma had the best PQ. I think Rich from Canada who posts on here has one and the PQ from his plasma on his pics looks outstanding.

Burn in is of course an issue so you should be aware of that.