What's new

Pany 500/700 Sanyo Z2 Users.Do u get VB? (1 Viewer)

JohnnyKretentiv

Stunt Coordinator
I am going to spring for one of these projectors. But every time I think I have decided on what I want I come across something that scares me. Either it is rainbows, SDE or Vertical Banding.

I know I can eliminate SDE with the proper seating distance and de-focusing.

Get rid of rainbow by buying a LCD. But then there are the Vertical banding issues that seem pretty common.

I really want something that can do HDTV. Will these projectors do 720p for me? If not I might as well get an Optoma H31 or 4805.

Kris_M

Auditioning
I do not see ANY VB or SDE on my Z2 and its focused as sharp as possible. I sit about 12 feet away from a 100" screen size.At 6 feet I can see screen door. HD at 720P looks better than dvds on my panasonic RP82. All in all I am happy with my projector.

Kris

JohnnyKretentiv

Stunt Coordinator
VB seems to be an quite infrequent (not rare).

Thanks for answering me on the 720P question. From what I have read 720P is better for sports and stuff that has quick movements.

I currently have a 65 RPTV hooked up to the Dish HD box and an enjoying 1080i. I guess I could still use that for 1080I if I really needed it. What a shame, 5 years ago I HAD to have that 65" ($3800 !!!) and thought that would satisfy me. I am such a fool.

Anyone else with experience with the Z2 500 or 700 and VB? I suppose I should just search.

Thanks

Brad E

Second Unit
From what I've read, all of the above pj's suffer from vb.

Out of the box vb was visible on my 700 in certain scenes. But using flicker tweak, this can be eliminated or greatly reduced.
It is still there in certain scenes, but you have to be looking for it to see it. I never notice it anymore.
99% of the time you can't see it even if you try.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks