What's new

Panny's and Center Channel Speaker...... (1 Viewer)

Brent_H

Second Unit
for all you Panasonic RPTV owners out there........will a center channel fit on top of the tv? or is it one of those slimmed down top ones??

thanks!!!!

Josh Lowe

Screenwriter
i have a very big/boxy CC speaker and it fits. i have rubber feet on the bottom of the speaker that help keep it in place.

Leif Wall

Second Unit
I've got a Polk Audio CS400i on top of my 53" Panny. Fits pretty good. I have heard that heavy center channel speakers can make the upper part of the screen sag or something like that so it looks like a geometry problem.

Brent_H

Second Unit
oh great, i have the paradigm cc-350 that weighs a ton........only time will tell :)

Doug_B

Screenwriter
I have heard that heavy center channel speakers can make the upper part of the screen sag or something like that so it looks like a geometry problem.
I've heard the same thing with RPTVs in general when I was considering a RPTV. In any case, I went ahead and threw a prototype speaker stand together for my 65 lb center (in anticipation of going front projection). An additional benefit of doing the stand is that the sound is so much better now than when the speaker was on top of the TV. As such, I recommend a stand even for smaller speakers, if space permits.

Doug

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks