RyanHud

Stunt Coordinator
Im lookin for a good surround package of speakers to match my new xr 50
just looking for 5.1
money is an issue, lookin for the best bang for my buck

thanks in advance

RyanHud

Stunt Coordinator
hmm, good question, im lookin to spend what i have to to get a decent quality sound, not much over 500 cdn, but i mean if theres somthin thats like 600, iod save up a little longer for it

RyanHud

Stunt Coordinator
Well after doing minimul research ive come across the Onkyo SKS-HT520, it appears to be a good deal. Any other suggestions in the same price range?

FeisalK

Screenwriter
Ryan how much does the Paradigm Cinema series go for in Canada? I have a pair of 70s and they sound great

DorianBryant

Screenwriter
Ryan,

For 5 or 6 hundred you can do much better. Stay away from the HTIB set-ups. You can piece together a great set-up from Athena, JBL, etc. for the money.

For example:

2 pairs of JBL E30's for -$400
1 EC35 center for -$140
1 Dayton sub from PE-$125

This would sound fantastic. You could always get the E20's for $100 less and they would still perform far better than the sats.

DorianBryant

Screenwriter
Sorry, didn't see the Canadian $. If you can stretch the budget buying separate speakers as opposed to the sat/sub set-ups usually pays off. Also has much better re-sale for when you upgrade again!

Garrett Lundy

Senior HTF Member
Isn't the XR-50 a 5.1 system that already comes with speakers?

Or are you meaning the SA XR-50 wich is a 6.1 receiver.?

I was just contemplating this earlier today, that if my apartment burned down and I had to replace everything, I was going to go with a SA XR-50 due entirely to the positive reviews online of this digital wunderamp, and then pair it with three pairs of either Paradigm Cinema 90, or Klipsch RSX-5 satellites and an SVS PB10-ISD subwoofer. That would be a killer HTiB/Bose Lifestyle crushing system! :D

RyanHud

Stunt Coordinator
Well, unfortunatly my budget has been lowered to about 350ish canadian. Im heavily leaning towards the onkyo SKS-HT520. Is there anything for that price that would be better..after reading reviews i dont think there is.
Thanks again

Dave_vega

Stunt Coordinator
for budget speakers look into quest at futureshop.ca ..my dad has some mains and they are quite nice for the price..the mains are 100, centre 100, and the 5" bookshelves are 50 ish..all these can be found on sale also..for the price I haven't seen anything beat them..

brentl

Senior HTF Member
See what kind of deal you can work on the Athena Se package on Boxing Day sale at Future Shop. Borrow the money, or return the 50 and get the 30 and put the money towards this.

Athena speaker and sub package

Brent
It's a FANTASTIC bargain.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks