Panny tech messed up my picture!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by BenWW, Dec 11, 2002.

1. BenWW

BenWW Auditioning

Alright,
    So the Panasonic Tech comes out to investigate the smell my TV (53wx42) had, which turns out was normal. Anyways, he decides while he's here that he'll "tweak" my convergence, so he said. He went into the service menu and brought up some special white grid patterns or whatever.... he seemed like he was rushing but I wasnt going to interrupt. 5 minutes later he is done. He exits service menu, and now my TV looks MUCH worse than before. It's not as focused and crisp after he did this. Is there anyway to reset what he did? Is there really a better way to tweak convergence in the service menu versus the regular setup menu? I am ready to exchange this thing....!!!! [​IMG]

2. Eric Samonte

Eric Samonte Screenwriter

Well if u know how to access the service menu, u can adjust the convergence urself. Otherwise, if the dealer u got it from doesn't fix the problem, have them give u another set.

3. Allan Jayne

Allan Jayne Cinematographer

Be careful. Going into service mode may void your warranty. Read all the documents including the warranty itself to be sure. You may be better off leaving it the way it stands and let the dealer or serviceman handle it from here on out.
    Anyway, the serviceman or dealer owes you a free service call to fix it at least back to the way it was before.
    Did you try to tell the serviceman to stay longer to get it right after he messed it up?
    Video hints:
    http://members.aol.com/ajaynejr/video.htm