What's new

Panny S97 or Denon 1910 for CD sound (1 Viewer)

Could use a little more guidance on DVD choice. Will be using it for CD audio as much or more than as a DVD player. I know best to have dedicated one but can't at this time. Both look good with exception of the macroblocking issue for DVD, but would they be comparable for CD audio? I know Denon has always concentrated on audio but I do not know about the Panny. I am leaning towards the Panny due to better options, DVD-A and better reviews. Any comments or alternative suggestions in this $ range? Thank you

greg_t

Screenwriter
If you are going to be using the digital outputs for CD sound then it really won't matter as you'll use the DAC's in your reciever. If using the analog outs, then I would have to think the Denon would be better for CD sound. I have no experience with either player, but Denon usually has very good audio even in their entry level players.

David Judah

Screenwriter
I have an S97 and I use the digital out, but I did hookup stereo analog to test it out. It was suprisingly good for CDs compared to the Sony 555 ES I normally use.

Incidently, it does have upsampling capability with three different parameters for different types of material. I normally use type 2, although I can't say it makes a drastic difference. I use it because it's there and I like the idea that it does something.:)

DJ

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks