What's new

Panny RV31 problems with 96kHz? (1 Viewer)

donovan_chin

Stunt Coordinator
Is the Panasonic RV31 actually capable of passing a 24bit/96kHz signal? I tried the Se7en disc 2 test and I go no sound from my receiver as soon as I selected the 96kHz track. At first I thought it was my receiver but I removed my optical connection and when I was playing the normal 48kHz tracks, I see the red light from the toslink cable but when I select the 96kHz track. There's no light from the cable at all. What's up with this? Is this a Pannt RV31 problem or all Panny's. I'm worried because my RP91N is on its way but I'm worried that it will have the same problems.

John Di Lauro

Stunt Coordinator
Donovan,
Your question is related to one I had posted
about a week ago. I think I remember reading some specs
on the RV31 which stated it could pass a 96/24 if the disc
was not "copy protected" - apparently some flag is set.
I thought, however, that it would downsample from 96 to 48kHz if the disc was protected. Check the Crutchfield website - there is far more information there than on Panasonic's.

Andrew Pratt

Senior HTF Member
I haven't tried the se7en disc on my A320 but it passed the signal no problem when I tried a DAD from Chesky. There's a setting in the players setup menu about downconverting...say no and it should work
------------------
http://www.attcanada.ca/~itisi

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation636
Recent bookmarks