Panny RV31 problem

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by James Grasso, Aug 27, 2002.

1. James Grasso

James Grasso Agent

I picked up a reconditioned unit from sears and it turns out that the red component output is not working. Should I get this fixed (I'm not sure how much this will cost and how long it will take) or should I just pick up a new player and sell this one to someone who doesn't need the component function? If I get a new player, what should I get? I'm looking for something that plays VCD, MP3, DVD-R, has component output, and good interlaced quality. I'm only around the sub $250 price range, and progressive scan is not important at all. My main problem with the RV31 is the lack of a coax port (other than the fact that it doesn't work, of course).

2. Brent Hutto

Brent Hutto Supporting Actor

I don't know about the formats you mentioned but the RP82 is available from several online vendors for $229-ish. In fact, I got mine from Crutchfield a couple weeks ago for $229.99 including shipping.

Even if progressive scan isn't important to you it seems to be a model with very nice picture quality, interlaced or progressive. If $230 is within your budget it would be hard to go wrong with the RP82.

Boy, that sounds like a shameless plug. At any rate, I have no vested interest in you buying an RP82 other than the fact that that's what I'm using.