What's new

Panny RP91K (Black) Available End July? (1 Viewer)

Brajesh Upadhyay

Supporting Actor
My apology if this has been discussed recently. When is this DVD player due out? OneCall told me week of July 30. I was thinking of pre-ordering it if you guys are hearing the same time frame from other dealers.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
I received my black RP-91 a couple of days ago, so they are definitely available. I purchased the player from MoreAudioVideo.com for $471, including shipping. This was my first experience with this online vendor. While they were quick in shipping, I was not pleased that they did not double box the player. Luckily, UPS did not damage the unit.
------------------
My DVD Collection
AFI 100 Films to watch: 40 -> 7

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
I'm picking this player up this weekend from my dealer and it's black, so they definitely are available...
------------------
My dealer of choice (especially if you live in So-Cal, I highly recommend them): www.yawaonline.com

SHAWN SZILEZY

Stunt Coordinator
Brajesh,
I saw one at my local Tweeter store so they are definitely available.
Thx......Shawn
icon14.gif

Jeffrey Forner

Screenwriter
I got my Black RP91 about three weeks ago from One Call. It's one slick-looking piece of hardware.
------------------
-J.Fo
Live in the Minneapolis/St. Paul Area? Wanna meet local HTF members? Click Here!

Brajesh Upadhyay

Supporting Actor
Thanks guys. Just ordered mine from moreaudiovideo.com for $470 shipped.
Other than the following, any other tips/tricks? Most are from Obi I believe...
Image centering
Hold "joystick" on remote to either left or right and press "stop" button on front of player to adjust
Red tint
*** VERY IMPORTANT *** If one accesses the multi-channel audio setup menu, use the onscreen "exit" button to exit, NOT the "return" button on the remote
MP3 playback
Apparently there is at least one type of MP3 encoding method that does not seem to play properly. Set it for "joint stereo" instead of "stereo"
Progressive Detection
Use Auto2 transfer mode – it will convert 30fps material (like video) for progressive mode. You can test this with the Avia Guide to Home Theater DVD. With Auto1, you will see bad artifacts on the TVL and resolution patterns. Completely cleared up with Auto2
Other Notes
Start out with your settings in the "U" mode and "Auto2" with everything else set to "0"
Do NOT use mosquito noise reduction

Andrew Beacom

Supporting Actor
I ordered one from One Call today and they are anticipating getting them in on Wednesday or Thursday at the latest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mat1
Recent bookmarks