Panny RP91K (Black) Available End July?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Brajesh Upadhyay, Jul 19, 2001.

1. Brajesh Upadhyay

Brajesh Upadhyay Supporting Actor

My apology if this has been discussed recently. When is this DVD player due out? OneCall told me week of July 30. I was thinking of pre-ordering it if you guys are hearing the same time frame from other dealers.

2. Scott Merryfield

Scott Merryfield Executive Producer
    Supporter

I received my black RP-91 a couple of days ago, so they are definitely available. I purchased the player from MoreAudioVideo.com for $471, including shipping. This was my first experience with this online vendor. While they were quick in shipping, I was not pleased that they did not double box the player. Luckily, UPS did not damage the unit.
    ------------------
    My DVD Collection
    AFI 100 Films to watch: 40 -> 7

3. Michael Lee

Michael Lee Supporting Actor

4. Carlo Medina

Carlo Medina Executive Producer

I'm picking this player up this weekend from my dealer and it's black, so they definitely are available...
    ------------------
    My dealer of choice (especially if you live in So-Cal, I highly recommend them): www.yawaonline.com

5. SHAWN SZILEZY

SHAWN SZILEZY Stunt Coordinator

Brajesh,
    I saw one at my local Tweeter store so they are definitely available.
    Thx......Shawn [​IMG]

6. Jeffrey Forner

Jeffrey Forner Screenwriter

I got my Black RP91 about three weeks ago from One Call. It's one slick-looking piece of hardware.
    ------------------
    -J.Fo
    Live in the Minneapolis/St. Paul Area? Wanna meet local HTF members? Click Here!

7. Brajesh Upadhyay

Oops. Double post.
    [Edited last by Brajesh Upadhyay on July 24, 2001 at 07:48 AM]

8. Brajesh Upadhyay

Thanks guys. Just ordered mine from moreaudiovideo.com for $470 shipped.
    Other than the following, any other tips/tricks? Most are from Obi I believe...
    Image centering
    Hold "joystick" on remote to either left or right and press "stop" button on front of player to adjust
    Red tint
    *** VERY IMPORTANT *** If one accesses the multi-channel audio setup menu, use the onscreen "exit" button to exit, NOT the "return" button on the remote
    MP3 playback
    Apparently there is at least one type of MP3 encoding method that does not seem to play properly. Set it for "joint stereo" instead of "stereo"
    Progressive Detection
    Use Auto2 transfer mode – it will convert 30fps material (like video) for progressive mode. You can test this with the Avia Guide to Home Theater DVD. With Auto1, you will see bad artifacts on the TVL and resolution patterns. Completely cleared up with Auto2
    Other Notes
    Start out with your settings in the "U" mode and "Auto2" with everything else set to "0"
    Do NOT use mosquito noise reduction

9. Andrew Beacom

Andrew Beacom Supporting Actor

I ordered one from One Call today and they are anticipating getting them in on Wednesday or Thursday at the latest.