What's new

Panny RP91-where to buy for best price? (1 Viewer)

MTrotter

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Marc
Well, I've looked at the BB, CC websites and they don't even list the RP91. It sounds like the unit for me because I need built-in DD and DTS decoders, and the great interlaced performance and since I do not yet have a prog. scan TV, but am planning to get one. Do they carry it at Sears? Am I going to have to get this online? I saw it at OneCall for $629 I think.

Myram

Second Unit
Real Name
SteveH
www.edigitalstop.com - $416 + $25 shipping = $441 total price, and the cheapest place on the net to get it.
I did my searching all over the web and this was the cheapest one buy a few dollars. I ended up buying one used for even less then this, so I have no info on how their customer service is.
Good Luck

MTrotter

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Marc
Wow, a $300 range in price from the different retailers?!! How can this be? How can I be sure the units from edigital.com and other low price outlets are not "gray" market products without US warranties?

PaulKH

Second Unit
MTrotter - I ordered mine from etronics.com yesterday for $446.99 including shipping and they shipped it the same day (!)

Hopefully it's a good unit and isn't gray market.

W

Will

Wow, a $300 range in price from the different retailers?!!
How can this be? How can I be sure...
Welcome to the internet!
That $300 price difference is pure profit. The units
are generally speaking, not gray market. They are
generally speaking, brand new units, with original
packing, in factory-sealed boxx. Some of the retailers
will even double box the unit, before shipping to you.

Thomas_Berg

Screenwriter
Real Name
Thomas
well most of those dealers you listed (if not all) aren't authorized. i talked www.jandr.com (the cheapest and best authorized internet dealer IMO) down to $440 SHIPPED for my RP91. that's your best bet right now.

Myram

Second Unit
Real Name
SteveH
Doesn't matter if it is an authorized dealer or not, Panasonic will honor the warranty as long as you have a receipt and it is not a refurb item. That is the response I got directly from Panasonic in a phone conversation with them.

Ron Reda

Senior HTF Member
My new RP91 will arrive either Monday or Tuesday, via Fed Ex...$500 everything included. Yeah, that's a little bit high compared to other Internet sites, but it was from a reputable dealer.

Charles M

Stunt Coordinator
MTrooter,
Listen to Thomas, he brings up a good point about jandr.com.
I was in the same boat this week. I decided on the RP91 but, couldn't decide where to get it from. I wasn't going to but from Tweeters or Goodguys for $699. I looked at a couple of past threads this week and looked at edigitalstop and a few others, that's when i saw a post about jandr. THEY WILL INTERNET PRICE MATCH. THEY MATCHED EDIGITALSTOP.COM. I ORDERED ONE FRIDAY FOR ONLY $415 PLUS $7.95 SHIPPING. IT WAS A BLACK ONE. GOOD DEAL IMO. GO FOR IT MAN.

Colin Davidson

Second Unit
Hi Charles,

I just called JandR and they have it for $499. I mentioned the edigitalstop.com price as they are still selling it for that and the sales rep told me that they (edigitalstop) was NOT an Panasonic authorized dealer and they wouldnt price match. All very curious....

Anyone else have any reliable low cost place to purchase?

Charles M

Stunt Coordinator
Disregard last post. Somethings wrong with my computer at work.

Anyway, Colin. Try going back to hardware and doing a show post from last 10 days. There's a couple of threads talking about the RP91. As matter of fact look for mine. I got five hits, that's where I got my information from. They where more than heplfull. I was on the phone with the saleman at the same time I was on the internet. To make sure he was seeing what I was seeing. He quoted me $499 at first. I told him I could find it cheaper. Then we started to price match. There's one site that list all the the authorized dealers and there price as well. Don't know what site it is right now. You might wnat to call back, maybe you got a jerk in a bad mood or something. I got a black one for less than I suspected, with no problems.

I got mine for $415 plus $7.95 shipping. I didn't get 2 day shipping(should have though). It shipped on Monday and should be here today or tomorrow.

Good luck, Charles

W

Will

Thanks!

I've copied the steps here, for those who are interested:

RP91 latest firmware is H088 50G227. To check what version you have, just press Stop, Pause, Open/Close button at the same time with one hand and then press 7 on remote control with your other hand.

Myram

Second Unit
Real Name
SteveH
Actually the latest firmware is 236. People who are getting the RP-91 that is made in October or later are getting this firmware.

I wonder what all the differences are and how often they change it?

Colin Davidson

Second Unit
Charles or Rajee,

Do you by chance have the name and/or extension of the salesperson you spoke with? That might make it easier.

Will, perhaps I missed it but whom did you finally purchase from?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks