What's new

Panny rp56 upgrade or not??? (1 Viewer)

TommyL

Supporting Actor
Hi all..I have the rp56 dvd player, and it seems to work very well...I have been reading a lot about the newer models though...I use a 55" mitsu hdtv widescreen, and am wondering if I am missing out on anything:) If so, drop a post to keep or upgrade, and to what...I have seen the rp-82 bounce around here like crazy...is it that much better? thanks! TL

JasonLC

Stunt Coordinator
TommyL,

From what I have heard the RP82/CP72/XP50 have a much more superior PQ(3D, sharper, better colors, No Flickering because CCS is OFF) then both RP56 and RP62. If you can get your hands on the RP82 or CP72(5 Disc Changer Version Of RP82) I would try them out because they offer a better PQ then your RP56 PLUS you get DVD-A and a lot more features. The CP72 has a $30 Mail In Rebate and after the rebate you can get it for under $200. That is quite a deal if you ask me.

Ben Hanrahan

Stunt Coordinator
I'll suggest otherwise...if you are able to consitently pick out the better picture in a double blind test, then you can say one has better pq. Otherwise I highly doubt you'll notice any difference. Somebody on here was unable to see a difference between an rp-82 and an old Toshiba 9100, which has the DREADED chroma bug...I would consider other upgrades in your system.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks