Panny RP56 and XBR400 Problem

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Tim Hanrahan, Oct 23, 2001.

1. Tim Hanrahan

Tim Hanrahan Auditioning

My brother and I recently both purchased the Panasonic RP56 progressive player. When hooked up to my brothers XBR400 the picture is so bright in progressive mode that he has to turn his brightness level all the way down to zero. I have the Sony 53HS10 and have no such problem. We tried hooking his player up to my TV and everything was fine, so there is some kind of issues with the XBR400.
    Just wondering if anyone else has the RP56 hooked up to an XBR400 and if they are having similar problems?
    Tim.

2. Ron-P

Ron-P Producer

Ron
    Hey Tim,
    I do not have the XBR400, but last week I bought the RP56 and experienced the same problem on my Mits 46807. The picture was bright and washed out in progressive mode and too dark in interlace mode.
    I ran AVIA and the picture did get better, but not enough to warrent keeping the player. I tried the Sony NS700p which was better, but then ended up with the JVC S60, so far it seems to be the keeper.
    Peace Out~ [​IMG]
    ------------------
    http://home.earthlink.net/~peregrinefalcon

3. Chuba

Chuba Auditioning

OK, long time lurker but first post.
    I have the xbr400 and rp56. I don
    t experience the same problem. I used Avia and basically my contrast (picture) is set very low (about 1/4) and my brightness is set high (close to 3/4). The picture looks superb. Maybe he needs to reset his picture setting.

4. PaulKH

PaulKH Second Unit

Yes Tim, the output of the RP56 is 'hot'. I had one for a while, but returned it for a few reasons. I'm sure the picture will look good if the TV input is calibrated to match the player's output.
    If your TV can't hold different settings for each input though, you're probably screwed.