What's new

Panny RP-91 & DVD-R/RW (1 Viewer)

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
I've heard that the RP-91 is compatible with DVD-R/RW & DVD+R/RW, however...I recently got the Sony DRU-500A DVD Burner, and to test this theory out, I burned some MP3's onto a DVD-RW, but it wouldn't play. I got a message that said something to the effect of "Can not play this type of disc". I also tried a DVD+RW and got the same results. I burned using Nero. I used a Memorex DVD-RW, and a Sony DVD+RW. Could the problem be that I'm trying to play an MP3, and not video? I figured since the player obviously plays MP3, it wouldn't matter. I haven't tried out DVD-R yet, as I'm afraid to end up with a $3.00 coaster.

Jeff D

Supporting Actor
I'm trying to figure out if my new RP-91 is really working correctly. I've got two examples of problems involving CD-R and DVD+RW at the AVSForum, Linky.
Thanks!

Jeff D

Supporting Actor
I'm thinking it might just be my player. If anyone has any high bit rate mp3's could you try and post results? High bit rate being 224 or 320. VBR's in that range are good to test with.

I can email a 30 second sample if anyone needs a sample.

Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.