What's new

Panny PT47wx53 (1 Viewer)

Jason Brent

Second Unit
I must admit, I'm having second thoughts on my purchase of this TV.

I originally was set to purchase the 42" Mits and stand, but then saw this set at the last minute. In the store it looked just slightly better on the floor and could get it for the same price.

Now that it's home, I find myself constantly adjusting the convergence. It just seems to drift a little throughout the day. There were some geometry problems that I mostly fixed in the service mode, and that helped a little, but the convergence on the edges of the picture are never right. I know getting the set ISF'd would help, but would I continue to have to adjust the convergence?

Also on the panny site it says this set only has 850 lines of resolution. And the Mits has 1200.

Screen size aside, do you guys think I'd be happier with the smaller Mits? Is there anything else I should look at for $2000?

I can still return my panny for another 10 days.

Thanks.

Jeremy Scott

Second Unit
isnt the sony 46" a good RPTV?
I have heard nothing but good reviews on it at www.circuitcity.com

they have alot of buyer review there on products.

i would go with the sony 46" or the toshiba 46", but the toshiba has the red push problem.

p.s. what is the convergence??

Craig

Second Unit
It's pretty normal for convergence to drift on a new RPTV. I know that with my Toshiba I would check it 3 or 4 times a week, and always have to adjust it. After about 3 months it suddenly settled down. It was almost like overnight the convergence stopped drifting.

Michael TLV

THX Video Instructor/Calibrator
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Chen
Greetings

The 850 line Panny spec is based on a square ... and not edge to edge like the mits ...

Take 850 and X 1.33 to get the edge to edge spec.

The panny spec is the one that is reported properly ... not the Mits spec.

Regards

Rajeev_s

Stunt Coordinator
Michael TLV, can you elaborate more on the Panny resolution lines spec. What do you mean by a square ? How did you get the 850 x 1.33 factor ?
Just curious, because I have a panny 53wx42 and get this question all the time.
Thanks for your help.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks