What's new

Panny L300 is in and running (1 Viewer)

Chet Wilson

Stunt Coordinator
Got my projector, panasonic L300, yesterday and must say it is spectacular. I am shooting at a 100" diag, 1.0 gain, matte white screen. I found a used draper screen and cut it to a custom fit.

At 1.5x (10') screendoor is not noticable. I am running the lamp at low power since the room is totally dark when watching a movie. I am surpeised at how good the picture is. I have also upgraded my sound system and will revamp my web site soon to reflect the new setup. I will say I am very pleased with the panny. What a change from the 50" RPTV!

Drew Bethel

Screenwriter
Congrats Chet! I should be joining you in about 2 weeks. What height and width makes for 100" diagonal?
Is it table or ceiling mounted?

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
BTW, congratulations and welcome. You picked a nice projector and you will want to revisit your entire collection.

Kelley_B

Senior HTF Member
Welcome to the L300u club! I know I love mine!

Nathan,
The SmoothScreen tech does a great job of "hiding" the screen door of the unit. It allows you to sit much closer to the image and enjoy the picture. As I've said before I've watched movies on mine sitting as close as 3ft away from the screen.

Chet Wilson

Stunt Coordinator
Neil, you are right. I have already looked again at movies that had been on the shelf for a while. Of course I watched LOTR again.

Frank Kanyak

Stunt Coordinator
If you look really hard you can see some pixel structure. So far all of my guests all floored on how everthing looks. I have a 92" image and love it :)...BIG SOUND to go with the BIG SCREEN!!!

Kai Zas

Second Unit
I'll have the European version (PT-AE300E) next week! It'll be a HUGE improvement over my 22" Iiyama PC monitor I've been using all these years.

And indeed, it'll be a great excuse to revisit my collection. Most of them have been collecting dust after only one viewing.

Arno P

Grip
Kai...great to hear...where did you buy it (company) and what was the price...????

I am very curious since our supplier in Holland "Beamerland" can't get the panny...

Kai Zas

Second Unit
Our "aankoper" at the computerstore where I work bought it directly from Panasonic Belgium n.v.

It cost me €1.847,77 (dealerprice) + BTW (21%). So that comes to €2235 total. The suggested reatailprice should be €3.194. (I'm reading this straight off the confidential pricelist :) )

At first I planned on getting it from ProjectorPeople (US), but they couldn't assure me it would pass customs unnoticed. We normally don't sell Panasonic, but I threatend to flatten our aankoper's tires if het didn't try. (Btw, ProjectorPeople sell it for $1.900 and shipping with DHL would be $175. But considering customs I could end up paying a heck of lot more for it.)

Chet Wilson

Stunt Coordinator
I have had good luck with my L300 so far. I am very pleased with the picture. I have tried both s-video and component with my progressive scan DVD player. Component is slightly sharper but I have to come up with a 60ft cable. Parts express had Belden mini 75ohm coax for $37/1000ft. I am going to try to make some up and see how it goes.

Anyway real happy!

Link Removed

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks