Panny DVD-RV31 and a thick red line

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jeremy Peake, Dec 10, 2001.

1. Jeremy Peake

Jeremy Peake Auditioning

I have a RV31 and have noticed a 3" red-tinted band running horizontally across the screen during dark scenes. I'm using component vid to a Sony Wega. I bought the Panny to replace a Pioneer DV-414, which did not show this problem, using the same cables and same TV. Sometimes the band changes blue. Anyone else see this problem??? Any fix for it???? It seems to appear in nearly every disk I play. It's really really bad during the underwater part in Star Wars, especially when they are in the sub with that annoying creature. It seems to be a problem with the player, because I can rewind a scene and the bar appears at the exact same time, everytime. It's the same for all disks I play......

help...

2. Jeremy Peake

Jeremy Peake Auditioning

Hey, it looks like it IS doing the same thing with my old Pioneer DV-414. I just hooked it up again, and ran some head to head tests. Same red horizontal bars during dark scenes. And they appear in the exact same locations, at the exact same times on either player. They are a little harder to see with the Pioneer. Guess I just overlooked it before.

Any takers.....

3. Jeremy Allin

Jeremy Allin Supporting Actor

Hey Jeremy (cool name!)

I've got the Panny RV-31 hooked up via S-Video to my 27" Panny GAOO TV and I'm investigating a similar sounding problem. However, mine is a little different than yours.

During dark scenes, there is a thin but noticeable green line that runs vertically along the right edge of the television. This may also be a problem with my television, I'm not sure.

I'll let you know when I've done some more tests.

Later!

4. Jeremy Anderson

Jeremy Anderson Screenwriter

I have the RV31 hooked via S-video to a 31" GE television, and no problems whatsoever like you're describing. Have you used VE or Avia to properly calibrate your television?

5. Jeremy Allin

Jeremy Allin Supporting Actor

This is getting creepy. It seems only people with the first name Jeremy have purchased the RV-31. Hmmm...

I'm not too concerned with mine. It looks perfect most of the time - barely noticeable.

6. Jeremy Peake

Jeremy Peake Auditioning

if i use s-video or composite, the bars go away. I think the problem is with the component in on the TV, as I'm having the prob with 2 different players. Must be a glitch in the Wega. I tried the service menu tweaks I found on the web. They made the bars maybe 10% less noticable, but still pretty crappy. I did try switching the cable tonight, that didn't help. I wish I wouldn't have dropped so much cash on that P.O.S. Wega. Would have been a third of the way to getting a 65" Mits......