Panny CT30WX52 vs. Samsung TXM3098WHF?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Daryl L, Jan 15, 2003.

1. Daryl L

Daryl L Supporting Actor

Tips, Opinions, Ideas?

I currently have a Toshiba 57HX81 HD-ready tv but it looks like I'll be going into a Nursing Home(paralized neck down) sometime this year(hopefully later). And know I won't be able to take my Toshiba due to it's size. So I'm going to have to down-size soon. I'm thinking maybe a 30" to 34" widescreen 16x9 set around $1200 to $1400 max. I spotted these two models on Crutchfield website as possibilities. I'm unable to go out to stores to test drive sets so any info anybody can provide will be greatly appreciated and taken into account during my decision making. I already have a Toshiba DST3000 HD STB for HD reception but any suggestions of newer low priced sets with internal ATSC tuner is also appreciated.

Also this BBE High-Definition Sound on these two sets. Is it much different than SRSlabs SRS Surround sound with WOW thats on my Toshiba? Thanks again.

2. Daryl L

Daryl L Supporting Actor

Well, I checked the tv comparison site and 16x9 material on a 32" 4:3 set using 16:9 enhanced mode is basicly just 1/2 inch smaller than on a 30" widescreen set. So a 4:3 set looks like a fair option too.

I spotted the Sony KV-32HS500 that Noah mentioned and the KV-32HV600. It has