Panny - Basic Convergence Question

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Dave_Neth, Oct 16, 2004.

1. Dave_Neth

Dave_Neth Auditioning

I'm having some geometry problems with my 2 year old Panny 16:9 RPTV

I decided to attempt a simple coarse convergence adjustment via the service menu. I have been to panny.tv and have the manuals and have been in the menu and played around....

There is one question I cant seem to find an answer too... and it has to do with the "Size" adjustment. When you are looking at the Square with the Cross in the middle of it, how should you adjust the size?

Everything else seems straight forward, but what size should that box be before I start adjusting everything else? Should the outer square be off the screen? should you just be able to see it? should it be well within the screen?

I hope i'm explaining my question correctly.... any advice?

2. MarkJH

MarkJH Extra

Even though the service menu gives me the willies, I do know the answer to that one!

Try to get the outside edge of the box on the very edge of the screen- the line should be visible all around.

You are a braver man than I, I went into the Panny's service menu twice, got it so f....d up I exited without saving.

Now I am saving up for a DLP, no convergence issues!

Good luck

Mark

3. Dave_Neth

Dave_Neth Auditioning

the problem is the geometry is like a tupperware lid. You get one corner straight, but bam, the other corners are off. Quite frustrating... but my geometry was so messed I had to try. It is slightly better, but still screwy.