What's new

Panny A-320 (1 Viewer)

Francis

Auditioning
My just under two-year old machine Panasonic A-320 has started having problems playing both new discs and older ones that played fine in the past. Sometimes I get a message saying that the disc is dirty and I clean it, but then it happens again even when I can see no dirt or smudges.

The laser will either not read it, or the picture begins to break up.

Anyone else had experience with this and what kind of costs I'm looking at.

Thanks

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Francis:

I had a similar problem occur with my A 110. Since I could get a good DVD player for not much money I decided to pick up a new DVD player. I picked up a Panasonic RV 80 but they don't make it any more. If you get a new one I can recommend a Panasonic RP 56 or the RP 91. You can get the 91 at ecost.com for about $450.

It sounds to me like the laser in your unit is going bad. You could take it in for service but the cost would probably be more than just going out and getting a new player for not much more.

Parker

Jeff D

Supporting Actor
you try one of those laser lense cleaners? It's a disc with little brushes on it. If you got dust on the lense that coudl be the cause, and without taking it apart the cleaner is your best bet. This would be a ~$10-15 test to try first.

JohnnyG

Screenwriter
This may be of interest to you: Link Removed
(oops! Sorry, I didn't realise you were in Canada...this is no good to you, but you might find it interesting nonetheless!)

Andrew Pratt

Senior HTF Member
I don't recomend using those lens cleaners since they have a nasty tendacy to scratch the lens.

Francis

Auditioning
Thanks for all the replies, but it seems like almost everyone when their machine starts to act up replaces it, rather then have it repaired. Is it that expensive to fix? I watched an entire film last night with no glitches, so I'm wondering is it possible for the laser to get dust on it and then have it drop off or something? Or am I just not dealing with the fact that my machine is slowly dying? Thanks again.

Andrew Pratt

Senior HTF Member
You might want to call Panasonic canada and explain what's happening.Even if its out of warrenty if you ask nicely (read keep nagging them) they might offer to cover the cost of parts.

JohnnyG

Screenwriter
Matthew, you are absolutely correct about the 310/320 thing...I should have paid more attention.

Actually, I found that website in an ad in one of the A/V magazines. I had never heard anything of a class-action suit previously and I'm curious to know what the issue was?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks