What's new

Panny (53WX42) screen needs to be rotated? (1 Viewer)

Dave_Neth

Auditioning
Hey gang

A few years back everyone here helped me pick out a Panny 53WX42... and I have loved it!

But.... this weekend I moved. And the screen is now... well, the only way I can describe it is.... Rotated.

It is very slight... and only noticeable in certain situations. Like when the ESPN scroll bar rolls across the bottom of the screen. It starts high in the right bottom corner and is eventually cut off in the left bottom corner. I can also notice it with letterbox... the bottom "letterbox" line is not even.

Basically what it looks like I need to do it rotate the screen clockwise by 1 dor 2 degrees.

I ran the convergence from the set up menu but it doesn't offer any tools to fix this. It does offer a Horizontal and Vertical convergence but obviously the lines do not match up with the markers because the screen is off by a bit. I can only get one end of the line to match up at a time

any suggestions?

Dave_Neth

Auditioning
Not only have I not gone into the service menu....

I had no idea there was a service menu ;)

I just followed whatever converegnce instructions I found n the manual. I assume this special menu is something designed for service techs? I have no problems poking around in there, any ideas how to access it?

Tim Jin

Supporting Actor
Panny Service Menu is well known on the Net. If you do a simple search on Google, you can easily find your answer.

That said, please be careful in the Service Menu. If you don't know what you are doing, you can damage your set and will need a tech to help you.

Most people go into the service menu to do a 64 point convergence and correct the geometry.

Once again you have been warned. Please be careful because I have friends that gone into their service menu and mess up their set to a point of an expensive service call.

A good resource is http://panny.tv

Please be careful.

***If you are not sure what you are doing, STOP and call a tech.

Dave_Neth

Auditioning
Thank you very much for the info. That site is great.

I've looked around the site and downloaded the manuals, and unfortunately I do not see any settings that allow you to "rotate" the screen. I do see info on pin cushion and advanced color convergence... but nothing on my specific issue.

I am going to continue to look into it, but with that being said, who would you advise I call to set up a service call if it came that? The place I bought it from was Circuit City, and I trust the people that work their about as much as I would trust my 60 year old mother to tweak my TV. (no offense if anyone works there)

I recall when I bought my machine that there was someone on these boards who lived in the area (I live in Boston MA) that did house calls to tune the machine and adjust it. I wonder if I could track down that person and have them do a tuneup so to speak.

Tim Jin

Supporting Actor
As I recall, you cannot rotate the image. It sounds more of an overscan problem than anything else, which can be adjusted in the service menu.

Have you thought about investing in ISF Calibration? It really make a difference on how you watch TV, but it also comes with a price.

If you are not sure about tweaking the set, call Panny and they will give you a list of shop to call.

If you are a tweaker, go into the menu and try to do at least the convergence and see how you feel about it.

If you are not sure, call Circuit City and they will help you in finding a tech.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks