What's new

Panny 53 Warm Up? (1 Viewer)

Anthony_J

Stunt Coordinator
Hey y'all:

Just got the Panny 53wx53 delivered last week and it looks pretty darn good with only "pre-break in" picture refinement (brightness, contrast, etc. according to Avia and the user menu dictated 9 point convergence)

HDTV is amazing (depending on source material), and DVDs look almost as good with a Sony progressive scan player(especially computer generated animation a la "Shrek", "Monster's Inc.", and "Ice Age")

I'm going through the normal break-in period (75 hours on the set to date) and don't mind having to reconverge the picture quite often due to lens drift, but one thing does worry me...

When I first turn on the TV, I usually get nothing but flickering lines. There's no picture or anything, just a bunch of red, green, and blue lines flickering over a black background. It lasts for about one to two minutes before the picture comes back.

Is this an indicator that something is wrong with my set (or set-up) or can I attribute this to normal set warm-up and break-in? I'm not worried yet because the picture always comes back just as good as it was before (minor convergence issues aside) but should I be?

FYI - I usually keep my apartment relatively cold (about 65 degrees farenheit). Maybe ambient temperature has something to do with it?

I figure that if this is truly something wrong, it'll be much easier to return the set now rather than to let the problem get worse and have it repaired or fight for a return later.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Ryan in Denver

Auditioning
Hi Anthony! I just bought this same Panasonic set last weekend, and sofar mine doesn't do that at all. The picture comes on right away...maybe someone more knowledgable can shed some light on this problem. Sorry!

Andy Goldstein

Stunt Coordinator
i just got mine this weekend. comes on just like any "normal" tv. a few seconds of black screen, followed by WOW! something's wrong with it.

ag.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks