Panny 47wx53 space question

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Andy Stocker, Sep 8, 2003.

1. Andy Stocker

Andy Stocker Stunt Coordinator

Ok, the Best Buy guys are coming over tommorow morning and delivering my new set, and I have a decision to make and I was hoping someone here could help me make it. I have an O'Sullivan entertainment center that I took the top part of off because I would like to keep that as a stand for this tv. However, 2 things about this entertainment center...1) it sits 2 feet off the ground and my main viewing position is about 8 feet back, so I'm wondering if this might be to high of a viewing angle?? 2) the entertainment center is 20" deep and the Panny 47" advertises at 24" deep, but I was wondering if someone who had this tv could tell me if the base of the tv is 24" or is the top part of tv deeper than the bottom?
    Now, finally, am I fool for trying to do this? Is someone reading this thinking I should just move the darn thing out of the way? The reason I wanted to keep this entertainment center is because it holds my front speakers and my a/v equipment, so if I don't use it I will have to buy speaker stands and some sort of a/v cabinet, I know I shouldn't be so cheap I guess!

Thanks for any help,

Andy Stocker
    P.S. I will leave you guys alone soon enough!

2. Larry Sutliff

Larry Sutliff Cinematographer

Andy,
    I really don't see this set working in an entertainment center. It's way deep, and isn't a tabletop, so it would be awkward at best in an O'Sullivan(my parents have one, I put it together, and I know what they are like). I have mine between two bookshelves in which I keep my DVD and Laser collection; my main speakers are on the top of the shelves. I barely had room for the set between the shelves, and the space I have is much deeper and fuller than an entertainment center. I would recommend working around the O'Sullivan somehow; maybe you can keep it with your other components on it. But it most likely will not work with this television.

3. Tim Jin

Tim Jin Supporting Actor

Here is what I did with my setup. I needed a wide enough base for my speakers. So, the stands came from Amazon and the bookcase from Crate & Barrel

http://jinonline.net/theater/