What's new

Panny 47" or 53" (1 Viewer)

I'm looking into purchasing either a Panasonic PT47WX53 or PT53WX53, hopefully in the next couple of months. The room it will be in is 12'X12'. Has anyone had any experience with either of these models. Any pros and cons regarding these models.I was also wondering if the the base and the screen are all one piece or two separate pieces to be attached. I have a tight corner to navigate to get the RPTV in the room. Thanks.

EugeneR

Second Unit
BIGGER is better. I have the PT47WX52, which is almost identical to the WX53. The base and the screen are one piece. I've had my TV for about a year and a half. Love it, the picture is fantastic. Pros--great picture, cheap. Cons, as with any projector--you will really know when your source is lousy.

Michael TLV

THX Video Instructor/Calibrator
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Chen
Greetings

Panny sets have a reputation for looking great after proper set up. Some internal portions are cheap ... such as a lack of black paint inside to create more internal reflections.

Regards

Kevin. W

Screenwriter

Michael TLV,

Do you recommend opening up the set and painting the inside? What paint do you use?

Kevin

Ralph B

Supporting Actor
I seen the PT-53WX53 @ my local tweeter a demo unit in excellent condition for $999

maybe talk the wife into it for upstairs ? it does 1080i ? good for HDTV ? dont really know about that stuff. its reg $1699 @ best buy. seem to me to be a great deal. what do you think ? it has DVI input too.

Ralph, The price seems very good. Just keep in mind that as a demo unit the CRTs probably already have agood bit of wear to them. I don't know how many hours they last vs how many hours/day and days Tweeter had it up and running.

Steve Griswold

Stunt Coordinator
The wear shouldn't be a problem if you get an extended warranty. If Tweeter is anything like Good Guys, Best Buy or Circuit City their ESP should cover whatever it takes to keep your set working in "like new" condition regardless of the purchase price.

Ralph B

Supporting Actor
well I didnt buy it. I went to show my wife and she hated it cause the picture faded when she sat in a different place at the store. so instead she seen a brand new Sony WEGA XBR 36inch HDTV and seen it was only $1100.00 I was shocked myself and went to go look at it. it was just opened and still sitting in the box. never turned on! I asked the guy if he could go lower and said no. ok, its brand new I understand. I dont know much about this tv so took a chance as it seemd to be a good deal although it wasnt WS like I wanted. but the wife was buying and said she wanted 4:3 as she watches more tv than anything. cant argue... I got my FP downstairs.

well wholly crap is this a nice tv!!!!!!!!! the sound system in it is unveliveable for a built in speakers. it has I dont know how many speakers but it does have a sub built in I know as it says it does. cranked up the bass and put on finding nemo scene where just before they get blown out the whale hole ?????? it shook the walls in my living room. from a tv???????? im amazed!!!!!!! dvd looks absolutely beautiful and I have never seen such colors!!!!!

I also looked online to see if I got a deal and it seems this was a steal at the price. not counting the other options this thing has. really a beautiful tv and my wife made a great choice. its way better than the panny 53inch RPTV I almost talked her into buying.

sony knows how to make a tv. this thing has DVI too which was a plus. really im stoked!!!!! great tv.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks