What's new

Panny 47" HELP!! Want to disable SVM tonight... (1 Viewer)

Matt_Stevens

Supporting Actor
Wow. Those plugs are tight!
furious.gif
I thought I was break the middle CRT board, but after about ten minutes of trying, I finally got it out. The right plug I think will be hard, but not impossible.
I am not looking forward to the left CRT's plug. That one is way back and I have no idea how I am going to reach it.
angry.gif

Say a prayer for me, please.
------------------
www.deceptions.net/superman

tommy_esq

Stunt Coordinator
matt- careful guy! just take your time. it seems like many others were able to do it quickly and easily enough. i, on the other hand, have yet to even take the grill off. i ordered the service manual yesterday because i need to fix a geometry problem. then i'll get to SVM.

Tracy B

Auditioning
Easy, Matt. Just GENTLY wriggle the plugs right to left while pulling upward - should come off pretty easy. Use a needle-nose pliers for the lft - gripping the WIRES right above the plug, and wriggle it back and forth just like with the other two. It worked very well for me. I can't imagine that your's are in there that much tighter than mine were. Good luck!

Matt_Stevens

Supporting Actor
Success. The 2nd and 3rd ones were not hard at all. For some reason, the middle one was a real bitch. It was in there tight. But I did make it.
There is a noticeable improvement, but as has been mentioned, it won't completely get rid of the dreaded halos. I'd love to know how that ISF guy Michael shut the artificial sharpening off.
------------------
www.deceptions.net/superman

Tim Brewers

Agent
Ok, I am going to plead ignorance on this. I checked mine out and I have white wires, and pink wires, but no white wires with a pink stripe. To be honest, I couldn't even find a single wire that split into two, any color. If anyone could help me some more, I would apreciate it. on the middle crt there are two circuit boards, on up higher by the focus and centering magnets, and one at the very bottom. Which one should I be looking at? Also, will the wires be in the front, towards me when I am looking, or are they "behind" the crt's? Thanks for any help I can get.
Brew

Tracy B

Auditioning
Hmmmm....not sure what you are looking at. On the middle CRT - front and center - the SVM wire(s) are white leading into a white plug. They are to white wires joined together - much like a speaker wire. One of the wires has the faint, pink markings on it. The circuit board in question is attached to the bottom of the CRT. The wire on the middle CRT is on the side closest to you when looking at it through the front panel. Hope this helps.

tommy_esq

Stunt Coordinator
I just disabled mine this morning. I was quite surprised at how easy it was. 1st 2 plugs I had out in about 30 seconds. The one on the left was a little harder to get at so I used needle nose pliers. Noticeable difference! As soon as I fix my geometry problem, my set will be looking NICE!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks