Panny 300, Sanyo PLV-Z1, X1 comparison Chart

Discussion in 'Displays' started by ChadLB, Sep 4, 2003.

1. ChadLB

ChadLB Screenwriter

for those who want to see it side by side and can't decide on what to get here yah go.......click on my link and then click on the comparison chart link...Enjoy

2. TommyL

TommyL Supporting Actor

Thanks Chad..you just have to make it easier to spend money don't ya[​IMG]

3. Scott Dautel

Scott Dautel Second Unit

Chad ... nice job.

I do have a couple of comments specifically re the X1.

1) The s-video connector is NOT a mini-DIN 4 pin, but rather, it's actually a modified s-video (mini-DIN 7 pin). The 3 additional inputs are, of course, for RGB component input (direct, no conversion) thru the use of a special InFocus adapter.

2) You have not included what is perhaps the most valuable aspect of the X1 ... the video processor. The X1 incorporates Faroudja DCDi processing (Genesis FLI2200 chip, I believe) for elimination of motion artifacts. I dont know if the other 2 FP's in you chart have video processsing, but this processor clearly outperforms the de-interlacers in 90% of the progressive scan DVD players on the market.

Scott

4. Andrew Pratt

Andrew Pratt Producer

I'm pretty sure the Z1 does have an econo mode

5. ChadLB

ChadLB Screenwriter

I will try and change things in the spreadsheet. I just grabbed all the info from Projectorpeople and edited a few things. I will try and make some changes this weekend. I thought this would help out people who don't want to spend more than the price of the Panny 300.....

6. chris_clem

chris_clem Second Unit

Hi!

Nice chart you have there and quite useful for me since I am planning on getting a FP in the next couple of months and these are the models I am auditioning! However, might I suggest the inclusion on the Panny 200 as well? It's closer in price to the X1 and I think it'll fare pretty well in the comparison chart even though it is "less" of a projector than the 300.

just my two cents...[​IMG]

7. ChadLB

ChadLB Screenwriter

I thought about adding it and I still might the only reason I didn't want to is it is hard to find right now at reliable internet stores....I will see what I can do..

8. ChadLB

ChadLB Screenwriter

Ok I updated it.....any changes let me know...

9. chris_clem

chris_clem Second Unit

Thanks for updating the chart!
    I live in the Philippines and here they offer the Panny 200E and 300E as opposed to the 200U and 300U available in the States. I am assuming that what we are getting is the "European" version hence the "E" but I think there should be no difference between the models. Anyway, I am saying this because over here BOTH these models have a SD Memory card slot and the backlit remote, is this not the case with the American models? Also, I am unaware of the bulb replacement prices here but I was under the impression that both models use the same bulb, so why are the list prices for both replacement bulbs different?

Also, if anyone here has had any experience with the Panny's and the X1 here's a question for you(I know ron-p has a very long thread on his experiences with these projectors and I am following that closely too): The contrast ratio specs between these models seem to indicate that the X1 blows away the others (700/800:1 for the Panny's vs 2000:1 for the X1)but does the "real world" comparison really show a drastic difference in black levels and such?

Just tring to get more and more informed before I finally pull the trigger on any of these...[​IMG]

10. ChadLB

ChadLB Screenwriter

Chris,
    Both the pannys have the SD memory card slot. On the bulb price like I said I just grabbed info off some sites....