pannasonic 27" non flat tube vs sony vega fs 27"

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Sergio Stephano, Jan 24, 2002.

1. Sergio Stephano

I have a panasonic 27" panablack tv and it looks great, but for about 120 dollars more i can pick up the sony 27" fs series tv..You think i should go for this deal? the panasonic 27" has no anamporphic squeeze and the fs does have it. I have well gone above my budget but think this upgrade will do alot to my system..should i do it or not?

Please help

2. Ron Shaw

Ron Shaw Stunt Coordinator

I would. My Wega has an excellent picture, and the anamorphic mode looks great. After experiencing it, I wouldnt by a set that didnt have it.

3. Paul_Dunlop

Paul_Dunlop Second Unit

Hi
    I agree - go for the Wega - I have the 27FS12
    Paul

4. SteveK

SteveK Supporting Actor

Sergio- Right now, $120 probably seems like a lot of money. But think how much you might kick yourself in the future if you don't get the Sony. You'll think it was ONLY $120 more and why on earth didn't I get it? I just recently bought the 32" model in the Sony Wega FS series (I haven't taken delivery yet, so I can't comment on the picture). I looked at other less expensive brands, but finally decided to buy the Sony because it had the features I wanted rather than just trying to save a couple hundred dollars. For all the hours of entertainment a TV gives you, $120 extra to get the features you want is a bargain.

Go for it.

Steve K.

5. michael_I

michael_I Auditioning

Go with the Sony... Very surprised at how good the picture is.

6. Chuck C

Chuck C Cinematographer

7. BrianKM

BrianKM Stunt Coordinator

Go for it - great picture quality. The squeeze mode and the tweakability are the real selling points here ...

[Edit] Forgot to mention that I have owned the 27FS12 for over a year now - good stuff.

8. MichaelGomez

MichaelGomez Stunt Coordinator

0I am curious how you are going about the trade-up. I just bought a panasonic 32" and really wish that I had bought the HD model. If I could trade up, I would.

Mike