What's new

Panic Room Superbit Announced (1 Viewer)

Jeff

Supporting Actor
This case better not be a new trend, otherwise my DVD purchasing will slow down. I saw it today and almost freaked out...Almost.

The good news is, the rental boxes, atleast at Rogers Video stores in Canada, are Amaray's! So send a message to the studio and don't buy them new! Get previously viwed copies instead!

Jeff

James Reader

Screenwriter
saw this post on the UK Based DVDForums board - does anyone care to comment?

I got my Panic Room Superbit DVD this morning (Region 1). Optimal bit rate my butt! Only 5.83 GB are used on the disc, and I've seen FAR sharper and less compressed transfers. Why don't they just admit it and call it a bare-bones release, because there really is no justification here for not including any real extras. I'm not sure what other Superbit titles are like, but to me all this Panic Room release is is a marketing gimmick. I was expecting amazing picture quality that required the entire 9 GB of the disc, but all we get is this? This is what we have to put up with till the special edition is released?
Is this true - does the transfer only use 2/3 of the disc capacity? Are other Superbit discs the same?

MatS

Screenwriter
2003/04/29
The "Panic Room" SE DVD is going to be awesome! I was hanging with Fincher today, and watched some of the supplementary section materials on his ultra-über-Hitchcockian pre-visualization work that simply made my mouth go agape. When I expressed disbelief that he had essentially pre-vis'd the entire movie (mapping out to the inch where dolly track was to be laid), he smiled with that devilish grin of his and smirked out "I know." It's going to be one to own -- for sure.
[ posted by Roger Avary at 4:15:12 PM | link | archives | 11 comments ]
2003/04/25
http://www.avary.com/rogeravary/journal/journal.php

Ryan_TD

Stunt Coordinator
Alright, what exactly does THAT mean?

Is there some sort of release date now for Panic Room:Special Edition? Any info on specs?

Tim Ke

Stunt Coordinator
Seeing as this thing was in production ages ago, the release date can't be too far off! It sounds like the special features are pretty much done... so what's the hold up Sony? Hell, Black Hawk Down even has a re-release already!

Alex Spindler

Senior HTF Member

*Drool*

This one is going to be a keeper for sure. I was just running through the Fight Club special features and wanted to immediately make a comparison to Panic Room's visual style.

Kristoffer

Second Unit
There is a bit on davisdvd.com about Panic Room SE ...

Hoprfully we will have an anouncemnet soon!

Jesse Blough

Second Unit
"I defy anyone to name a film that was darker, visually, than this one."

Feardotcom was pretty dark. I'd say it might be darker.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks