What's new

Panic Room Superbit Announced (1 Viewer)

Jeff Cooper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Cooper
Well if the special edition released later is a SuperBit Deluxe title, then the statement would be technically true...

Dan Brecher

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Daniel
Uh huh, so the R2s commentaries...etc are exclusive. My ass... R1 SE coming. Dan waiting. :D Sounds like a marketing ploy to me, like when Sony music said there would be no Spider-Man score CD in the hope to get more sales of the 'inspired by' album rubbish... Month or so later, Spidey score comes out. Methinks they want to boost sales of Superbit.
Dan

Dan Zavitz

Auditioning
DVD Review says that the SuperBit will contain a Dolby Suround 2.0 and DTS 5.1. Is this right, there is no Dolby Digital 5.1 track? Not DTS bashing, but my reciever does not have DTS, and I'm gonna be one pissed mother fu*ker if this is accurate. Someone please let me know what the deal is. Thanks.

Trevor Dwyer

Auditioning
I am really looking forward to this release. I noticed how good the sound was in the theater - very sutle but very good - a bit like the SE of Seven I suppose.

This is top of my most wanted at the moment.

Trevor

Chris Miller

Agent
Is anyone else still totally confused about this title? It's a few weeks away now, and I'm not sure whether to hold off on it or not.
There were supposed to be both Superbit and non-Superbit versions released September 17th, correct? Right now on Amazon, they have a Superbit Deluxe version listed for the 17th.
And what about the 2-disc SE version? Is that still definitely planned? That's the version I'm really wanting.
Man, I can't recall ever dealing with so much confusion over a title before :)

MatS

Screenwriter
yes there is still much not answered...

at least an early review of the Superbit version would help

Dan Brecher

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Daniel
And what about the 2-disc SE version? Is that still definitely planned?
The R2 was initialy announced with some very specific supplements. It has since been downgraded to movie only across all regions now (although the R2 will have filmographies and a teaser trailer), HOWEVER, the fact those initial supplements were so specific leaves me to believe an SE is still going to happen at some point next year. It's certainly an odd situation.

Should the upcoming release next month prove to be a Superbit Deluxe with perhaps the documentaries, multi angle workshop and other bits allegedy early specs spoke of, then that may well be sign of no SE. If it's movie only, I have to continue to sit back and question it frankly.

Dan

MatS

Screenwriter
so we are all but 2 wks away from release and still have little to no new info about the SuperBit version or a future version. :thumbsdown: :angry:

MatS

Screenwriter
well it's certainly about time....
IGN is one of the first to review
Link Removed

Alex Spindler

Senior HTF Member
The more I see of it, the more I am convinced that we are seeing a slightly downgrade Disc One of a 2 Disc set. Like they took a look at the transfer and said this looks almost like a Superbit title. Then they quickly ditched any special edition content and slapped Superbit on the cover. Even the case doesn't make any sense for a Superbit release.

Still, I must own this title.

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
My guess is that the Panic Room cover art is more marketable to masses than the traditional silver Superbit cover which appeals more to home theater enthusiasts instead of J6Ps who will be buying this disc. However, at the same time, they are trying to push more of the Superbit idea to the masses. I think it was a good marketing move.

gregstaten

Supporting Actor
On thursday I watched several video clips detailing the incredible previsualisation done for PANIC ROOM. The clips showed how the entire set was built in 3D and how all possible camera moves and angles were calculated. Then they went into detail on the scene where Jodie Foster first hears and then sees the thieves. The blocking and movement of every camera is shown and the precise timing required by both the actors and the camera operators is revealed. Note: they also showed how Fincher could look through the lens of every "virtual" camera and see exactly what the real camera would see.

Then, after looking at it from many different angles, they showed a split screen of the animated previz storyboards and the final scene.

Impressive stuff that will make for good supplement viewing.

-greg

Jeremy Allin

Supporting Actor
It almost makes one think that this is simply a very high-quality bare bones DVD release with the Superbit logo slapped on the packaging (the logo isn't even shown in any of the menus).
This quote from IGN makes things quite clear in my mind that CTHV is downplaying the Superbit name so as not to confuse the average consumer. I'll bet there are more than a few people, who, upon seeing a bright silver case with a huge Superbit title across it scratch their heads wondering if their DVD player will play them.

Rather than read on or research things a little more, they put the title down and move along.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks