What's new

Panic Room on BD? (1 Viewer)

Greg Mariotti

Stunt Coordinator
Hi David. Just wondering if you've had new talks with Sony to bring your excellent Panic Room DVD set over to BD. Many are anxiously awaiting its arrival.

thanks

David Prior

Insider
Thanks for that. A lot of love went into that disc, and I was sad so few ended up being able to see it.

Nothing from Sony yet. Fight Club and Seven are likely to come first. But I sure would like to fix a couple of mistakes that squeaked through to the 3 disc Panic Room, so I'll be pushing for it.

Greg Mariotti

Stunt Coordinator
It looks like Panic Room is coming to the UK in April (to coincide with Benjamin Button on BD?)..

I would imagine that Sony will release it in the U.S. as well.

Can you find out more and make sure we get all the content from the 3 dvd version?

thanks!

Southpaw

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jason
YES! I hope we get a U.S. version because I'm not sure a UK Sony release will be region free. And yes, everything that was on the 3 discer would be most excellent.

Powell&Pressburger

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jack
I rushed out and purchased the 3 Disc set for Panic Room the day it came out on DVD. So I will buy it again for Blu Ray. When that much works goes into a film and the special features it is worth it everytime. I still treasure my 3 disc set. Bought it the day it was released and still looks like new! :)

Southpaw

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jason

From what I've read, there is a good chance this (UK BD) will be region free but I doubt any of the extras would play on a Reg A player as they will probably be in PAL format.

Gekkou

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Casey M.
Actually if it's from Sony the extras are probably NTSC. I believe it's the smaller labels that are hit-or-miss. I think that usually if the extras were produced in NTSC the studio will keep them that way, since it's a pain to convert from 60i to 50i.

Brent Reid

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Brent
Well, here we are eight years later and the rumoured BD still hasn't materialised. I'm amazed such a hit film, with an A-list director and cast, hasn't been released in that format yet. Especially so when you consider it had one of the most in-depth single film DVD packages ever. Does anyone have any solid info as to an eventual HD release date?

For anyone interested in acquiring the current best version on disc, there's a good comparison here. It shows the UK DVDs (and presumably other PAL discs) have an edge over the slightly zoomed-in US releases.

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, I'm surprised this one isn't out on BD, too. Granted, it wasn't a super-big hit, but it did fine, and it seems like the Fincher cult is big enough to ensure good sales.

Perplexing!

Jeff Cooper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Cooper
Yeah, this is one of the few that's been on my wish list since the format started. I'm sure we'll get it soon after True Lies and The Abyss are released.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation482
Recent bookmarks