What's new

Panel Saws (1 Viewer)

Fred Seger

Stunt Coordinator
I usually make all my speakers at my brothers woodworking/cabinet shop that is stock with all the tools I could ever want. But he lives a 1 1/2 hours away, and I'm getting tired of the drive. I really don't have the money or room in my garage to put a nice uni-saw table saw system for cutting, so I was thinking about buying or building a panel saw.
Does any one here use panels saws? Did you buy it from a manufacturer? Anyone build their own from kit plans or their plans? Do they work good?
Any other jigs that work similar?
Thanks for you help.

Jack Gilvey

Senior HTF Member
I use system/jig , also due to space reasons. It works extremely well provided you measure accurately and set up your cut carefully (as always).
[Edited last by Jack Gilvey on November 07, 2001 at 11:31 AM]

James Mudler

Stunt Coordinator
I have the same PSI Panel saw. Ditto on Jacks comments
------------------
Luke, I'm your father

MarkDesMarais

Stunt Coordinator
Here is a tip that I find very useful-
When cutting sheet goods with a circular saw, the best place to work is usually the floor. Use a few pieces of styrofoam insulation to support your sheet goods (both sides of the cut) and provide clearance for the saw blade. This way you can crawl right over the plywood without flexing it. If you hit the styro with the saw, no harm done.
Markd

Steve Kinkead

Auditioning
Use a 50 or 60 tooth plywood blade to get a clean cut and minimize splintering. The same blade works great for cutting melamine particle board too. They cost about $6 at Home Depot.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks